Empties, Repurchases, and Upgrades #1


Considering my spending habits, I'm surprised I finished anything besides mascara! I actually did have 2 tubes of mascara, but I've already mentioned the Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof Mascara and the L'oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Waterproof mascara a million times. 

I'm also backtracking to some upgrades of sample products to buying the real deal (or travel size)!


Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch - 
Sample
Repurchase: Maybe
I got this in some Sephora samples bag at least a year ago. I've used it on and off since then not because I don't like it, but because I don't normally wear primers. I loved how this product smoothed out my skin and made it feel, but I was so frugal with it since the full size is $37. It didn't seem to prolong the wear of my foundation (one of the reasons why I don't wear primer) though. I also have a Tarte primer that looks and feels the same as this one, but is slightly thinner. The Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch is slightly thick and takes minimally more work to press/smooth into the skin, but I'm in a sleepy rush in the morning and so I would rather just skip this. If I were older and had more fine lines, I would definitely rethink purchasing the full size of this product. 

Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Finishing Powder
Pressed Version - Deluxe Sample
Loose Version - Travel Size
Repurchase: Yes
I got a few of the deluxed size version of the loose powder throughout the years and it took me forever to finish them. Once I did, I knew I had to at least buy the travel size since it would last me a very long time. This powder creates such a smooth and poreless finish on my skin. It helps set and mattify (but not flatten) my face as well. The pressed version surprisingly is still as messy as the loose version because it becomes very powdery after you "break" the top layer. 


Cover FX Custom Cover Drops in G40
Repurchase: Yes - but not now
Review: Here
I absolutely loved how I was able to control the coverage I wanted with this product. Unfortunately, it only contains 0.50 fluid ounces for about the price of a 1 fluid once foundation at Sephora. I know you only need a little bit (1-4 drops), but a lot of product gets wasted due to the lip of the container. It also gets stuck on the sides of the bottle and makes it harder to even scoop out. I really want to repurchase this in case I need to boost up the coverage of my foundations, but I can't justify it right now since I just bought 3 more foundations to try out. 

Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Facial Oil
Deluxe Sample
Repurchase: Yes (travel version)
I also got this deluxed sample size through a Sephora order. I wasn't really thinking about it since it seemed like the best value compared to the other $25 gift with purchase codes. I'm glad I took a chance on this! The sample size lasted about 3 months and then I bought the travel size. I actually just transfer some from the bigger bottle into the smaller one just in case I want to through it into my travel makeup bag. I learned from a Fresh SA that I'm supposed to just mix 2-3 drops into my moisturizer about 3-4 times a week, but I use around 4 drops almost every night. Even with my oily skin recently due to the hot weather, it doesn't make me feel oilier. I wake up every morning with beautiful looking skin and I couldn't be happier with this repurchase. 


Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer
Repurchase: Yes (#2)
Review: Here
I probably used my original one longer than I should've, but it's a bit hard justifying the $20 at first. Then I realized that at least 7 months had passed and I loved every second of wearing it. I ended up using some Ulta points and got it almost for free! It plumps up my lashes so much and adds a bit of drama without false lashes. I could've gotten more uses out of this, but considering I regularly replace my mascaras around the 3 month mark, I really shouldn't be pushing my sensitive eyes. 

L'oreal Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Concealer in Medium
Repurchase: Yes (#2)
Review: Here
When I first reviewed this product, I wasn't sure I was going to repurchase it since it only lasts about 3 months for me if I used it almost every day. After trying out Maybelline's version, I had to go back to this one. Maybelline's highlighting concealer felt very dry on my skin and made my undereye area look more dull. Physician's Formula also has a highlighting concealer from their Nude range that I also have. I really like that one as well, but something about this L'oreal version feels and looks better. 

 What products have you repurchased? Which ones did you skip?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment