Review & Swatches: YSL Volupte Tint-In-Oil in I Rose You and Cherry My Cherie


As a "TREAT YO' SELF" after finishing my Dior Addict Lip Glow, I got the Yves Saint Laurent Volupté Tint-In-Oil in #4 I Rose You. Wit my order, I also got a deluxe sample size of #5 Cherry My Cherie and so I'll be reviewing both in this post! I Rose You is a light pink and Cherry My Cherie is a darker pink that leans more fuchsia. Both of them have shimmer, but it's barely detectable on the lips.\The Tint-In-Oils are lip tints suspended in a deep conditioning oil. The full sized product contains 0.2 ounces of product and retails for $32.



The deluxe sample is significantly smaller and not as luxe feeling, but I will take what I can get for already expensive products! I was going to use this picture, but the top one looked better to draw people in :D



As you can see, the doe foot applicators make the products look the same color. Once you swatch them, they look different - but it also depends on the individual's lip color. 

L: I Rose You
R: Cherry My Cherie

I'm just going to go ahead and say that these are not pigmented / opaque lip products. They're clear and give a tint to the lips - like the name suggests. Both look unimpressive on the arm and I Rose You looks even more unimpressive since it's the sheerest tint of pink.


Even so, I do like I Rose You (swatched above) considering my natural lip color is almost a mauvey cool toned color. It makes me look healthier and more awake instead of dead looking lips. It reminds me of how the Dior Addict Lip Glow in Pink looks on my lips, but it's a touch lighter in pinkiness not as moisturizing. 


Cherry My Cherrie (swatched above) is the better out of the two in terms of color though. It shows up way better and gives your lips a slightly red / dark pink look and looks a bit more fuchsia the more you layer on. I was expecting a cherry red color, but this is nice as well since I can wear it at my office without drawing too much attention. 


Here's a full face comparison!

From L to R - Bare Lips / I Rose You / Cherry My Cherrie

The real star of this product is the "deep conditioning" properties. The oil feels so nice on the lips and make them feel soft and cushiony. Unlike regular lip balms, there's no waxy feeling that sits on the lips. 

Weirdly enough, my lips do feel dry once all of the oil has worn off. I don't know if it's because I usually touch my lips during the day or because the oil isn't as "deep conditioning", but it's something to note. 

Because this is an oil, there is a shine to it. The more you put on, the more glossy it looks. For me, I don't like glosses and so I like to put a little bit on my lips and rub it in with my fingers. I then add a tiny bit more in the center of my lips to make them look fuller. If you do apply it straight from the tube without doing anything, your lips will look really full and beautiful though. 

Final thoughts: Now that I bought this, I do like it and use it often. If I were to do it again? I would buy the full size in Cherry My Cherrie, a darker color, or not buy it at all. The oil / moisturizing properties are very nice but it's not necessarily $32 nice. I almost returned it for the Dior Addict Lip Glow since it's easier to use and has a more obvious but still naturally pretty pink. If you have the money to spend, I would recommend this since it is beautiful on the lips and moisturizing with some of the most gorgeous lip product packaging. Or if anything, use that money to get a different kind of YSL lipstick. Overall, the YSL Tint-In-Oils are kind of meh for me. 

What is your favorite luxury lip product?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment