Review & Swatches: Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Swish and Pop Blush in Sex on Fire


When I went to LA recently, I was able to go to The Grove to see some lovely Charlotte Tilbury products in person. I went in to ask about the darker version of the Filmstar Bronze & Glow and ended up leaving with two other products. The one I will be reviewing today is the Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Swish and Pop Blusher in Sex on Fire. The center of the blush is a  slightly pinky but mostly plummy mauve while the outer ring is a light neutral pink. 

The claims include having Light Flex Technology to give off a luminous glow. There is also supposed to include "finely crushed pearls that smooth and buff the skin for excellent blendability and perfect colour uniformity." The blush retails for $40 and contain 0.28 ounces. 



By looking at the pan, it may look like it's matte. True to its claims, the blush does come off as more of a satin but mostly matte finish. Because it's not fully matte, you're not losing out on the face's natural dimensions that matte powder blushes might give. If you've tried Clinique Cheek Pop Blushes, the effect is similar. 


Unlike Clinique Cheek Pop Blushes, the pigmentation is a bit lacking. It might be a combination of this blush being sheer and the outer ring being a light color though. The middle color does need a bit of layering, but definitely not as much as the outer ring.

Acne marks will be the end of me
Once the colors are blended together and on the cheeks, it does show up better. Instead of that plummy mauve middle center, the colors show up pinker on my cheeks. 

Since this blush is on the sheerer side, I was able to build up the color where I wanted it to be. I concentrated the middle color on my apples and blended back and used the outer ring to blend out the edges. 

Instead of sitting on my skin, the blush looked like it blended into my skin to create a natural flush. I had the NARS All Day Luminous Foundation on and this blush didn't mattify or remove the luminosity of the foundation at all. 

Despite the high temperatures Southern California has been experiencing lately, this blush does last a very long time. Even when my foundation breaks down (darn 12 hour days), the natural looking flush I get from this blush continues to show. The edges might look a bit more patchy, but less than other blushes I have tried. 


Here's a front face shot where you can see the blush peeking through on the left. 


Side note - I feel like this one looks most like a nipple considering these blushes have sometimes been called "nipple blushes" online. 

The packaging is very sleek and thin. The compact's size is perfect for purses/handbags as well (if you do on the go touchups). It feels lightweight, but I would've liked a bit more weight since it is considered a luxury product. 

Final thoughts: I wouldn't repurchase this blush. I feel like the color does flatter me and I love it, but it's just so sheer. I have an Hourglass blush that has a similar color, but takes less work to build up. I would say this blush is more for beginners, but that price tag is not beginner friendly. I don't regret this purchase, but I am cringey at the fact that I could've gotten another Color Chameleon shadow stick from Charlotte Tilbury. 
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment