Review & Swatches: Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in Watermelon/Moonstone


The Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffles are supposed to be a cross between the Becca Shimmering Skin Protectors and the Becca Beach Tints. The color I got was Watermelon / Moonstone and it's described as a "coral red infused with pale gold" and I would say that's pretty accurate.  The claims include staining the skin with color and illuminating the skin with a flawless finish. The Shimmer Souffles contain 5.7 grams / 0.20 ounces of product and retail for $27. 



The texture is pretty unique in that it's a soft cream - kind of like what a souffle would feel like. It's too shimmery and pigmented if I use my fingers and so I prefer to use my ELF Small Stippling Brush to apply it. 


I did this swatch using my fingers and the color is beautiful, but it doesn't show how shimmery it is. I never build it up to be this pigmented though because my pores then become more apparent. 

L to R: Bare skin / One Layer / Three Layers

Unfortunately, these pictures don't show the color as well on my cheeks. You can see a pinky glow but the color is closer to the coral red from the pot. It was kind of hard to take accurate pictures because of the glow I was getting.

I even layered it on a lot to try to make it more visible. Damn camera, I need a better one that could pick up colors better!!


Even so, you can see that the product blends well into my skin seamlessly. I never get a stark difference between my skin and product like some other colored cheek products. If Becca comes out with this product without any shimmer, I would immediately buy them since they're great cream cheek products. 

It is very very easy to go overboard on the shimmer with this product. I love the color, butI tend to get an overload of shimmer before building up the color to be what I want. At this point if I still wanted more color, I would layer on a matte blush to lower the shimmer as well as bump up the color. 

You don't need to set this product though! Even though this feels like a cream, there's apparently an ultra fine powder running through the product and I think that's why the product doesn't feel tacky or look overly glowy that cream products give off. 

Final thoughts: I really do love this product and I'm planning on buying the more nude color in Fig/Opal soon. Even though I've repeatedly said that the color doesn't show up as pigmented as in the pan, it's still slightly out of my cheek color comfort. It's definitely more bright than the rosey nude blushes I use. The shimmer doesn't transfer and stays on all day without touch ups. It's pretty easy to apply with my small stippling brush as well! I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a highlighting blush in a unique cream format. 

Have you tried the Beach Tint Shimmer Souffles? Which color is your favorite?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment