MAC x Isabel and Ruben Toledo Lipstick in Victoriana is described as a "midtone pink red" and has a matte finish. I do see the pink, but it's more of a fuchsia red to me. I was originally hoping that this would be a dupe for Revlon's Strawberry Suede, but this is a lot more red. This shade is limited edition and is sold out in most places, but I was able to get mine from Nordstrom's website recently and retails for $17.50.
The lovely Jenny from itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Jenny is a relatively new blogger and YouTuber and she's super sweet.
What is the "Versatile Blogger Award" ?
The Versatile Blogger Award is given to bloggers, who are popular for their good quality style of writing and overall the quality and uniqueness of their blogs.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share 7 facts about you
- Nominate 15 other blogs
& here are my 7 facts!
1. I did not find out my real legal name until I was 18... and filling out college applications. I ended up having to change so many forms so that everything would match. It's not a crazy different name, it's just in the different order than I thought.
2. I have a dog named Pluto and he's a derp. He doesn't really care about me though and only listens to my dad.
3. I just finished my undergrad a quarter early doing 2 majors - Anthropology and Psychology.
4. I'm Vietnamese, but most people don't think I am until they hear my name.
5. My hair is naturally brown and looks like a light brown in the light and so people are confused if it's real or not.
|Some of the lower pairs were lightened from this picture. I couldn't find a picture on my laptop of pre-colored hair.|
6. I got bored easily when I was younger and so my mom taught me the basics of a lot of DIY things. I know how to knit, sew, crochet, and embroider but I'm not great at any of it.
7. I had my first kiss when I was 18. The guy I was dating was leaving an event to go to perform in an orchestra concert and I walked him out. When we hugged, I turned to kiss his face but... HE DID THE SAME THING AND WE KISSED. There was this pause and he started to ask, "Did we just...?" and I said, "EEP. JUST GO!" I went back into the event and I squealed to my best friend about what just happened. I pretty much died.
Vanessa from Citron + Guavaberry
Sheri from Behind The Frames
If you've been following me for the past few months, I reviewed three Lime Crime items. I had already known that the company was not the most professional, but I thought they had started to get better and that's why I bought those items.
Recently, they were in a credit card fraud scandal. Their website was compromised and many people got their credit card information stolen. I'm not faulting them on that because it could happen to anyone / any company, but the way Lime Crime handled the situation was horrible. The company did not respond fast enough to help their customers and pretty much waited until it became out of hand. They were unapologetic about what happened and continued to treat their customers badly.
If you want to read more about the company, there are many sources you can go to. One of the more extensive sources can be found here.
With that being said, I will no longer be supporting Lime Crime. I will leave the reviews up, but I will need to edit my support of buying their items. Of course, you don't need to go along with me on my boycott. I recommend doing your own research and then making your decision.
Two weekends ago, I went to San Diego just for the weekend! It was a very impromptu trip because I just finished most of the bigger assignments / exams until finals. I also posted some pictures on my Instagram about it!
Even though it was very short, I had a really nice time with my boyfriend and my sister. I haven't gone to San Diego in a few months and so it was a nice change of scenery. I also totally forgot what the UCSD campus was like and it's a lot bigger than my own school's campus. I'm so glad that it only takes 10 minutes to walk to my classes while it takes my boyfriend and his roommate around 20.
& for the giveaway! I'm going by the names on the Rafflecopter widget and the winners are Areeba and Sara C. ! I already e-mailed them and will be mailing out the packages soon (:
I want to say thank you to everyone that entered and also "Hi!!!" to all the new followers. I'm very close to 200 followers now and I'm thinking of maybe doing another giveaway at 250 followers. I was originally planning on doing it at 100, but I immediately passed that milestone during the giveaway. I also want to space out giveaways so that they're not constantly happening.
Lastly, I want to say that my finals are coming up in about 2 weeks. My posts will probably be more sporadic and then I'll be spending 3 weeks away from my whole makeup collection. I'll be in my hometown for 2 weeks and then in San Diego again for 1 week with my family. I'll try to queue up posts and write reviews beforehand though!
How have you been?
If you didn't know, I love lipsticks. They're one of my favorite things to wear and I have way too many. I'm to reorganize my collection to possibly sell some things and wanted to see which ones I truly love / use a lot. The more nude shades are relatively newer, but they've already became such staples in my routine.
The Lorac Unzipped Palette has been out for a few years, but I finally got it as a birthday treat to myself last month. It's full of pinky / rosey neutral shades and each pan contains 0.39 ounces of product. There are three completely matte shades, one satin, and the rest are shimmery. A mini Behind the Scenes Eye Primer (0.19 ounces) is also included and the whole palette retails for $42.