August 2015 Favorites!



It's been awhile since I've put up a favorites post, but it has some good stuff in it! I haven't put up reviews for most of these products yet since I'm playing catchup but they should be up soon!


Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Tint-In-Oil in #4 I Rose You | I got this to replace my Dior Addict Lip Glow in Pink since I wanted to try something new, but still wanted that slight pinky color to wear at my office. This product tints my mauve toned lips to be more rosey pink and also adds a bit of a glossy look. I don't like glosses, but this was a nice product since it was very moisturizing and could be patted down to be less glossy. This product didn't actually replace my next favorite though since it wasn't as moisturizing. 

Dior Dior Addict Lip Glow in Pink | This was too much of a favorite that I finished it before I could even do a review. The arm swatch makes the color look barely there, but it brings out the most beautiful pinky color once on my lips. At first I wasn't going to repurchase this product since it didn't do enough, but I might have to change my mind during the next Sephora sale. It is hands down one of the most moisturizing products I've tried. Fresh lip balms are also pretty good, but those add too much slip to my lips. 

L'oreal Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Concealer in Medium (review here) | Now that I'm waking up around 6:30 Am every morning, the undereye darkness is becoming more apparent. It doesn't completely cover the darkness, but it does brighten it up dramatically. I need to set it with powder and it does still crease a little bit, but it still looks better with the product on than without. 

Charlotte Tilbury Color Chameleon Color Morphing Eyeshadow Pencil in Amber Haze (review here) | I wasn't expecting to fall in love with this pencil as much as I did, but it's pretty amazing. I've been using it almost every day since I've gotten it as a base and even all over color. It's a warm medium bronze color that is very pigmented. Most cream shadows I've tried give a wash of color, but this one is full on the same color as in the stick. 

Life's Entropy Matte Theory in Variable | This is one of the more interesting formulas I've tried in regards to liquid lipsticks. It's kind of like powder suspended in liquid and you need to be sure to mix it before you use it. It is also very very thin and almost water like, but it is comfortable to wear. The color is so pretty to wear and it's like a more rosey pink version of Kat Von D's Lolita. 

MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque | I remember watching a YouTuber use this in almost all of her videos about 5 years ago. I've been wanting it every since but I didn't know if it would look good on me. Since I've been loving rose golds, I thought it was finally time to add Rubenesque into my collection. It adds a peachy pink and golden base to help with the warmer rose golds I use. The texture is very thin though and it's not as pigmented as the other Paint Pot I have - Indianwood. It's quite slippery to the touch and applies sheerly on the lids. The price seems a bit high for something as sheer as this, but it is a beautiful color that I can just slap on for something subtle and brightening on the lids.

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Pink Sunset | Surprise! Another bronzey rose gold shade! I've been using this as a highlighter and sometimes on the lids. It's something I can use in a rush with a fluffy fan like brush to dust on my cheeks, but anything more dense can make my face look metallic. I mostly focus my brush on the bottom 3 or 4 shades since I want to show up more bronzey. Even though the lightest shade is just a thin off white pinky strip, it does lighten up the overall shade. 

What did you love in August? Have you tried any of the products on my list before?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment