Review & Swatches: Charlotte Tilbury Color Chameleon Color Morphing Eyeshadow Pencil in Amber Haze


Charlotte Tilbury Color Chameleon Color Morphing Eyeshadow Pencil in Amber Haze is a warm bronze shade with amber, bronze, and golden shimmers. Charlotte Tilbury created the shades in the Color Chameleon range to match eye colors and Amber Haze is for brown eyes. I take suggestions like these with a grain of salt, but I would say bronze shades like this would work on every eye color. The Color Chameleon Eyeshadow pencils retail for $27 and contain 0.06 ounces of product.



When I read Amber Haze, I thought the color would be more red. It certainly does have red tones, but it looks more golden bronze with a hint of red. Amber Haze was also described as a "Night Shade" but for my skin tone, it's perfect for night or day. 


The above swatches shows the product just by itself - no primer or base. I blended it out using my fingers and it worked wonderfully. Weirdly enough, it was really hard to blend out when I first used this product. It felt drier and also dried really fast. 

My first time using this product
This product is very pigmented! I use cream shadows like MAC Paint Pots and Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadows as bases, but they're pretty sheer compared to this Color Chameleon pencil. I thought the ads were exaggerating, but you could definitely make it dark and smokey with about 1.5 swipes and a bit of black liner near the lash line. 

After the first 1-2 times, it because creamier but it still dried down pretty fast. I use a lot of cream eyeshadows in pot or stick form and so I was used to working quickly to blend out the color. For people who haven't used cream stick shadows, there might be a learning curve. 

There is a slight tackiness after the initial application and so I would wait a little bit before adding powder products on top to help it blend easier. If anything, you could also apply the crease color first and then this product on top. 


I was about to go on a date when I did this look and so I added a bit of a dark brown in the outer corner, mascara + mascara primer, and tightlined my top waterline. Normally, I would wear Amber Haze with a tiny bit of mascara and be good to go!

Even without primer, I did not see any creasing or fading. For $27, I would expect so!! These pencils are currently tied in 1st place with my Mally Evercolor Eyeshadow Sticks. The Evercolor Eyeshadow Sticks contain the same amount of product for $25, but they're also in retractable plastic packaging. The Charlotte Tilbury Color Chameleon packaging is wooden with a plastic cap and you have to sharpen it. It barely fits my sharpeners built for bigger pencils and it makes me worried that it might get stuck.

Final thoughts: I seriously hope Charlotte Tilbury bring out a set with all of the colors in the Color Chameleon range. I wouldn't even mind getting Amber Haze again considering how much I've been using it. It's simple enough for work days, but can also be built up and darkened to wear out. These pencils stay on all day and even all night (I left a swatch on my arm to test it out). This pencil performed so well that it's on par with my beloved Mally Evercolor Eyeshadow Sticks. Out of the products I've tried from Charlotte Tilbury, I wholeheartedly recommend this one!

What are your favorite cream stick eyeshadows? Do you follow eyecolor / eye product color rules?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment