Review & Swatches: Butter London's Nail Polish in Knackered


*My friend left her nail polishes with me for the summer and she let me use/test them out for my blog. She loves and collects nail polishes and so I was very grateful when she told me that I could use them.

Butter London's Knackered Nail Polish is described as a "sheer, twinkling oyster shade flecked with micro glitter particles" by the Butter London website. I think it's more of a trichrome, but the description is pretty accurate! I believe that this color is pretty unique and I can't think of any possible dupes.


I didn't have the greatest results with my Butter London in Lady Muck (review here) and so I didn't have that high of expectations for Knackered. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was wrong!

Knackered applied smoothly and beautifully. It is sheer, as you can see in the pictures below, but it builds up to be mostly opaque in 3 coats. The edges kind of blend into my nails and so there's no harsh line. 

The color flashes lavender, green, and blue. It's so beautiful that I can't stop looking at my nails. It makes me feel like a mermaid.

Final thoughts: I would highly recommend getting this polish. The formula for this is amazing and like all Butter London polishes, it is "3 Free." There are less harmful chemicals in "3 Free" polishes compared to the cheaper drugstore products. $15 is pretty steep for a nail polish and so just like with Lady Muck, I would wait for when they're discounted at Ulta. 

Base coat only

One Layer

Two layers

Three layers

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment