Review & Swatches: Dior Addict Lipstick in 643 Diablotine


The Dior Addict Lipstick in 643 Diablotine is described as a "sheer muted poppy red" by Sephora's website and contains 0.12 oz. of product. It is a sheer coral red lipstick with a healthy sheen on me. Because it is sheer, the color will look different on everybody.


Diablotine goes on very smoothly on the lips. It has a balm texture and won't dry out your lips. I wore it for 3-4 hours and it had mostly faded away. It faded evenly, though, so you don't have to worry about weird patchy-ness. Because it is sheer, you don't have to be precise about the application. The packaging is so nice that I don't mind taking it out to re-apply. 

The closest dupe I can find to this color is MAC's See Sheer, but See Sheer is more pigmented can get kind of gloopy if you layer it on too much.

I almost hate to say it, but I do love this product. Why do I hate to say it? The price. It is $31 and I can buy a whole lot of drugstore lipsticks with that cash. When I bought it, I think there was an error and it was only $25. I first thought it was a promotional offer and didn't think about it until I got the product. I was planning on buying more, but the price had changed back to $31. 

Final Thoughts: As mentioned, I love it. I love reds and darker corals and so this fits perfectly into my collection. I highly recommend this to those who want to start wearing reds, too, because of the sheerness. 





Left: One layer // Right: 4-5 layers


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment