Review & Swatches: Rimmel London Show off / Apocalips Lip Laquer in Aurora and Stellar


Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquers (or Apocalips in the UK) have finally landed in the States! I have Aurora and Stellar. Both contain 0.18 fl oz of product. The Show Off Lip Lacquers are liquid lipsticks with some shine to it. It's shinier than a normal lipstick but not as shiny or remotely sticky as a gloss. 

Both products have a fruity smell. It smells weird to me and I've read that some people hate the smell and others love it. I can deal with it and the smell goes away, but if you're sensitive to scents, I would try to see it in stores first. 

The colors are mostly opaque. I can see some slight transparency, but my lips are kind of dark. One layer is all I need for my lips though. 


The applicator is a doe foot applicator and it is pretty flexible. I can be precise with the application, but it does kind of spread on the inner corners if I put too much. The Show Off Lip Lacquers are very comfortable to wear. They do feel a bit wet like how a thicker lip balm or lip butter would feel though. 

Both colors did settle into my lip lines a bit, but it was only noticeable with Stellar.

Aurora is a red-pink and is a more wearable red. It reminds me of MAC's See Sheer but brighter. I like this blotted. I believe that this a US exclusive color. 

Stellar is a bright pink color. It's a bit out of my comfort zone, but I do like the color. I wanted to use a lip scrub before taking the pictures below, but these pictures did show what colors accentuated my dry patches on my lips. 

Final Thoughts: For a drugstore product, I do really like these products. I like the Rimmel London Lasting Finish lipsticks more, but the Show Off Lip Lacquers are pretty good. I highly recommend Aurora more than Stellar, though. It looks more flattering on more skin tones and I believe it works better than Stellar. I really want to get Big Bang, but I'm going to skip out on the other colors. 




Aurora

Aurora

Bare Lips

Aurora

Aurora (Blotted)

Aurora

Stellar

Stellar

Stellar (Blotted)

Stellar

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment