Review & Swatches: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush contains 2.7 grams /  0.095 ounces of product. This product is a balm and a stain. The packaging is supposed to represent the color of the product, but it is only very close to the actual color. This product is a berry color. It's purple that leans red and like a burgundy color. In my opinion, this color is gorgeous. I love it. 

The packaging is made out of plastic and to reveal more product, all you have to do is twist the bottom. There's no sharpening needed! The packaging and product is similar to Clinique's Chubby Sticks and Tarte's Lipsurgence, but I can't compare because I don't have either of those products.

Click "Read More" for the full review and swatches! (:


The product starts off sheer but can be layered to be more opaque. I can't feel anything on my lips when I'm wearing this product. It is very light. I love lip balms and so I liked that this product provided some moisture for my lips. It isn't as great as my favorite lip balm, C.O. Bigelow's Mentha Lip Balm, but it is better than other drugstore lip balms that I've tried. 

In the pictures of the product, shimmer can be seen but that does not transfer to the lips unless you look very closely at your lips. 

There is a slight spearmint smell and it reminds me of Doublemint Gum. It is not that strong, but I've read some reviews that some people don't like the smell, but I actually like it. I can't smell it when it's applied to my lips, though. 

The color is very shiny when first applied on my lips, but it starts to wear away after a few hours. The color is more transferable when it is shiny though. The stain starts to set in when the shine starts to fade away. The shine faded away for me after 2-3 hours. After the shine fades away, a beautiful stain is leftover. That stain does not move. I showered and scrubbed at my lips and the color did not go anywhere. It was, of course, not as bright as before but there definitely was a color leftover. 

I do love almost everything about this product. The packaging is very nice and it is easy to carry around. The pointed tip makes it easier to apply and I am going to be sad when that pointed tip starts to become more blunt, but I think it'll still be easy to apply. The only things I hate about this product is the small amount of product you're actually getting and the price. Because this is a drugstore product, the price varies depending on where it is purchased but it is usually about $9. 

Final Thoughts: I love this product so much. I love stains and lip balms. I would buy this product again and I'm probably going to buy the other colors too. The color is gorgeous and it did not dry out my lips. It is handy to use, but I would recommend having a mirror around if you want to reapply. The color only transfers if the shine is still there. 

Where to buy: Drugstores. Ulta. Prices may vary. I bought mine in a "Buy One Get One 1/2 off Sale."

Have any questions? Feel free to leave a comment (:













I kissed my hand after I took the picture above this one to show how much would transfer. 

In this picture, the leftover stain looks very pink, but in real life, it is actually more red and a bit brighter. My camera washed out the real color of the stain, but this is the closest I could get. 

*I bought this product with my own money.


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment