Review & Swatches: Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm


As I mentioned in an earlier post, Birchbox sent me an empty sample of Dr. Jart's Water Fuse Beauty Beam (BB Cream). I emailed them about it and then instead of giving me just one replacement sample, they kindly sent me two! They also included a note with the package.


Click "Read More" for swatches and what I had to say about this product!
I don't have the best skin, but I do have some problems. I have a lot of acne scars all over my cheeks and jaw. I have combination skin and my skin tone is medium/tan with yellow undertones. In some of the pictures I took, my skin looks a bit washed out. My camera is not picking up my skin color correctly.

Okay, now that the description of my skin is over, I'll continue with the mini-review. This BB cream is only in one color and it originally applies too light on my skin. It does oxidize to almost the same color as my skin, but it is a touch too light for me. I think this product would be good for those with relatively good skin. It has very very light coverage. It did not cover my acne scars, but it did even out my skin tone a bit. Too bad it's not my actual skin color. After I applied this product to my skin, I could barely feel it. Even later in the day, I did not feel anything. It didn't make my skin feel oily or dry. It has a dewy finish in a way that my skin looked  natural.

I have some blemishes that are currently healing and... a bit flakey (gross, I know) and this BB cream made my flakes more obvious. 

I could not smell anything from this product.

Only a small amount is needed to cover the whole face. It did not break me out, which was great. My Asian BB cream broke me out and that was a bad skin week. 

Final Thoughts: I would not buy this product again. It obviously did not match my skin color even after it oxidized and it wasn't enough coverage for me. 

Where to Buy: $34 from Sephora and Dr. Jart Store. Prices vary from Amazon






Share

No comments:

Post a Comment