Review & Swatches: NYX Round Lipstick in Haute Melon


NYX Round Lip Stick in Haute Melon contains 4 grams / 0.14 oz. of product and is a bright pink/orange color. I would describe the bullet as a mix between a pink and orange highlighter. 

Don't be scared by the color of the bullet/bottom! It actually goes on quite sheer. It takes a few layers to actually get the color of the bullet. That could good or bad depending on what kind of color you're going for. I'm actually glad that it was sheer and buildable. The only other NYX Round Lip Stick that I have is in Snow White and that lip stick is very pigmented with one swipe. Because this lip stick goes on sheer, my natural lip color peeked through and affected the color of the lipstick. This looks more pink on me. 


This lip stick's finish is matte. It is a bit drying and so I would recommend wearing lip balm underneath. I would imagine this lip stick to make flakes on the lips more apparent. This lip stick did not slide across the lips. There was a tiny bit of tugging. I fixed the tugging by having a bit of lip balm on my lips. 

I did not feel the lip stick on my lips in the first 2 hours, but after that, my lips started to feel dry. I would then have to either gently put a lip balm over it, or take off the lip stick and put lip balm on then reapply the lip stick.

Some of the lip stick settled into the lines of my lips, but that only happened if I put too many layers on my lips. I usually wear 2-3 layers of this lip stick on and smooth it with my finger to get rid of the buildup in the lines. 

Final thoughts: I like the color of this lip stick and it's easy to wear because of its sheerness. It is dry and so that is really annoying, but for only 4 dollars, it's okay. Do you need this lip stick? No. I do like this lip stick, but I probably would not purchase this again since I can probably find a better quality lip stick of the same color for a few bucks more.

Where to buy: I bought mine at Ulta for $4. NYX Round Lip Sticks can also be found on their website for the same price.














Share

No comments:

Post a Comment