Color Spectrum Series: Red Edition!


The Reds! Don't know what the Color Spectrum Series is? Click here!

Red lips are my absolute favorite. The color red itself is also one of my favorite colors. It was very hard for me to narrow down what I loved from this color.



Top Row -

Revlon Kissable Balm Stain in Adore - I love Revlon Balm Stains. I have three and this one isn't as great as the other two, but it does still work very well. It's a dark red with some subtle shimmer that isn't as noticeable on the lips. It's very comfortable and will last long on the lips.

Zoya PixieDust Nail Polish in Chyna - I will have a full review on this polish soon, but for now, I will say that this is a really good polish. If you don't like the textured feeling to it, it's fine. One or two layers of top coat will make it smooth. The glitters and shimmers will still sparkle beautifully. 

MAC Viva Glam I - I have a review of this product here, but a quickie description would be that this product is almost perfect. Almost because it can be a bit drying, but there are no other complaints. It is a matte brick red that'll look flattering on anyone.

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Mightiest Maraschino - This red is a bright true red. It is moisturizing and pigmented. It is very comfortable to wear. It is easily transferable though. 


Bottom Row - 

Lancome Rouge in Love Lipstick in 170N Sequence in Love - This is another bright red. It's kind of like a red with a slight orange-ness to it. This is also comfortable to wear and it has a very nice sheen to it.

Sally Hansen InstaDry Top Coat - This product is cheating, but I thought since it had red packaging, I could sneak it in! I love this top coat. It helps my nail polish dry quickly and always makes my nails look shiny. The price point is pretty good too since I paint my nails every week. This is my second bottle.

MAC See Sheer Lipstick - I have a review of this product here. I love this lipstick. It's a very nice everyday color. It's not too red, but it's not pink either. It isn't that pigmented and so you can swipe this on easily and not worry about being perfect. The more you layer it, the more glossy it becomes. You can blot it to make it more matte, too. 

NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Cabaret - Darker reds are more flattering on me and this red lip pencil really helps with feathering and make my lipstick last longer. It isn't too dark that I can't use brighter reds, either.  


Runner Ups -
There are some products that I wanted to include, but they were either too close in color to the products above or they were discontinued/limited edition.
  • Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12-Hour Lipstick in Fierce is very close in color to Lancome's Sequence in Love. I do slightly prefer Fiery more because of the shape of the bullet. It makes it easier to apply to my lips and is slightly matter. Sequence in Love is also a better deal if you look at product per dollar. 
  • Stila Long Wear Lip Liner in Passionate - I don't know if this is getting discontinued or not, but it's on sale for only $6 on Stila's website and I can't find it anywhere else. For red lipsticks that are too bright to use with the NYX one, I use this Stila Lip Liner. It is very smooth and just glides across the lips. I highly recommend this product. I bought this in the set during the 50% off sale.

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment