Review & Swatches: OCC Lip Tar in Grandma


The OCC Lip Tar in Grandma is described as a "classic coral." OCC Lip Tars contain .33 fl. oz / 10 mL or product. This product can best be described as a liquid lipstick. The Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics website says that this product "has the longevity of a lipstick with the ease of a lipgloss."


The color is definitely coral, but it leans more on the pink side. To me, it's more of a warm pink with some orange in it. I tend to go towards orange-based or red-based corals. I can't put too much on because it is too bright for me. I can only wear a thin layer of this as a stain or a very very light lipstick. I think this color will go great for those whose complexion are light, though. Pinks also tend to not look good on me. 

This product has a weird pepperminty smell to it. I personally don't like the smell, but it goes away after half a minute. For those sensitive to smells, I would try to smell this product before buying it. 

A tiny bit of this product really does a long way. I had to be careful on layering this product because it is so pigmented. This is definitely a product that needs a mirror to help with application. Once the product is on the lips, it is very shiny like a gloss but as it dries and sets on the lips, the product is left with a satin finish.

I was expecting this product to not transfer that much to not at all, but it does transfer. I would say that the lasting power is between a stain and a long wearing matte lip product. The pigmentation is enough to stain the lips and so that color will stay for a long time, but I would avoid eating with this product on and I definitely won't be kissing anyone.

I used an eyeliner brush with a triangular top that was lying around. My cupid's bow isn't that round and so this brush was perfect for my lips. OCC recommends using an angled eyeliner brush to apply this product. 

Final Thoughts: I was expecting so much out of this product, but it didn't meet my expectations. I think it mostly deals with the color I have though. Don't get me wrong, this is a great product, but it's not as amazing as everyone makes it out to be. Since a little goes a long way and there's so much of this product, I'll probably never run out of this product. I thought this product was a expensive at first, but seeing how it works, the price is justifiable for me. I want some more Lip Tars, but I don't think I'll be getting anymore without seeing them in person first. 

Where to find/ How Much : $18 @ Sephora, OCCMakeup.com, Lecosmetique.com







Share

No comments:

Post a Comment