Review & Swatches: Clinique's Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in 03 Mightiest Maraschino


Clinique's Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Mightiest Maraschino (whew. long name) contains .10oz / 3 grams of product. It is described as a "classic red" but I would describe it as more of a bright red with very little pink in it. It retails for $16. 


I believe Clinique was one of the first (or the first) brands to come out with a twistable crayon like lip product. The Chubby Stick Intense is a more pigmented version of their regular Chubby Stick. 

I have 3 of the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains and I was impressed with those since they were from the drugstore, but I still wanted to try the Clinique version. I'm most comfortable with reds and so I got Mightiest Maraschino. 

This product is so smooth and opaque. It really impressed me with one swipe across my lips.  There is a slight sheen and so the color is not flat. Just like the name says, this product is moisturizing. It feels light on my lips and I even forget that I'm wearing it. One downside from being so moisturizing and having that sheen is that it is easily transferable. Even though I tried to be careful, it did get on my teeth. It did not feather though. It lasted for about 3-4 hours  before there was some fading at the corner of my lips. 

In comparison to the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains, I do find myself liking the Clinique version more. I love how the Revlon ones stain my lips a bit, but I have to use more of it to get the full color. Clinique's Chubby Stick Intense is about double the cost of the RKBS, but I have to use less to achieve what I want. I can get a staining effect too if I use a little bit and really push it into my lips. 

Final thoughts: I love this product. One thing that I don't like is that I have to check my teeth every once in a while to make sure there's nothing on my teeth. The application is very easy and it feels like a lip balm. I highly recommend this product and I'm looking forward to buying more in different colors.












Share

No comments:

Post a Comment