Makeup Collection: The Pinky Red Lips


I have the most uncreative titles ever, but they do get the point across!

Some time last year, I was obsessed with finding the perfect pinky red that was like a pinky strawberry or watermelon kind of red. I feel like the most common reds out there have orange, brown, blue, or neutral undertones. Pink based reds are not as common but I did find the perfect one... multiple times!

I know I know - I have a red lip problem. 


L to R -
Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in Pure
NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Plush Red
Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Melted Strawberry
Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Strawberry Kissed
Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Revolution Lipstick in Wonderland

The two lip liners I found were the Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner in Pure and the NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Plush Red. Pure is very creamy and it's pretty much a matte lipstick while Plush Red is more of a traditional lip pencil in that it's more dry. Both lip pencils work very well and I highly recommend getting one (or both!) if you're interested in pinky reds.

For a stronger pink base (but still a red), the Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Melted Strawberry and the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Strawberry Kissed are great choices. I prefer Strawberry Kissed out of the two mostly because it stays on so well and leaves a matte finish. Melted Strawberry is also long lasting, but it does transfer. Both are amazing but one may be better for you depending your preference in finish. 

Lastly, the newest pinky red to my collection (that is also on sale right now!) is the Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Revolution Lipstick in Wonderland. It also as a creamy formula like Melted Strawberry, but it's more pigmented and red. If it's still available by the time you red this post, I do recommend getting it! The Revolution formula is one of the best lipstick formulas I've tried too.

Doing this post rediscovered my love for pinky reds and I'm definitely going to wear Pure more often! There's also a slight chance that it's been discontinued since I can't find it anywhere online and so I'm going to go on a hunt through every store that has Rimmel to stock up!

Do you have a preference for a particular kind of red? What's your favorite pinky red?

And, how do you deal with discontinued products? I mostly just cry and live in denial.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment