Review & Swatches: Burberry Eye Colour Contour Smoke & Sculpt Pen in 106 Pale Copper


The Burberry Eye Colour Contour Smoke & Sculpt Pen in 106 Pale Copper (whew! what a mouthful!) is a stick cream shadow that is a shimmery medium copper bronze shade. The lighter shades in this range help illuminate and widen the eyes and the formula is supposed to be waterproof and crease free. There is 1.5 grams / 0.05 ounces of product and retails for $29.00.



Left - 2 layers
Right - 1 layer blended out

The creamy formula helps blend out the color seamlessly. The texture is thin and so you could also keep layering and blending out without any problems. I did not find any tugging from the product during application or blending either. 


My preferred way is to lay down one thin layer, blend it out, and then adding another layer to intensity the lid space around my lashline (like above). The color has the perfect medium tone (for my light / medium skin tone) to it so that it can easily be worn just as a one lid color. I just need to add a dark brown to it to turn it into a smokier night look as well!


For longevity, you can see that it lasted pretty well after 12 hours above. There's some slight creasing in the inner half of my lids, but it's pretty much in tact and did better than whatever brow product I had on. 

My lids aren't particularly oily, but these pictures were taken on a day that was in the high 90's F to give you reference. To make it last longer, you can also layer a powder shadow on top. I would recommend Urban Decay's Smog if you're looking for a similar shade.


The gunmetal packaging looks great, but it feels really lightweight. I'm slightly disappointed in it since the eyeshadows and blushes come in expensive feeling heavy packaging. It's still sturdy and the lid clicks into place to keep the product creamy though. I do prefer this packaging over the Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Color Morphing Eyeshadow Pencils though since those have to be sharpened and the cap sometimes falls off. 

Side note - I love pairing Pale Copper with the Wet & Dry Silk Shadow in Pale Barley (review here). Pale Barley is a touch too cool toned for me and so mixing both creates a more neutral toned beautiful look. 

Final thoughts: I love this product! Cream eyeshadows are one of my favorite eye products since they can be used as a base or just by themselves. This product is no exception to all of that love. The color is not unique, but I do love how pigmented, creamy, and easy to use the Eye Colour Contour Smoke & Sculpt Pen in Pale Copper is. If you're a fan of cream eyeshadows, I would recommend to check out this color (and the whole range). I would also say that this product is close to waterproof, but it's still easy to remove with some makeup remover / face cleanser. 

With Burberry and "luxury" items, I do like to mention if it's worth the price though. I know I'm going to use this color often and product often and so it's worth the money for me, but I do wish the packaging felt more luxe. I feel like a lot of brands come out with quality products, but luxury brands often charge more to also go into creating better packaging. If you're looking for a product with a similar color that is also a cream, the Benefit Cosmetics Creaseless Cream Shadow Bronze Have More Fun is an alternative but it's more sheer.

Have you tried this product? Do you like powder or cream shadows better?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment