Current Foundation Rotation!


For months, I've only been paying attention to my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in #54 Beige and the Cover FX Custom Cover Drops in G40. I've somehow collected 10 foundations total and it's about time I start to switch it up or at least clear some out. I'm starting to declutter my collection as well and so I kind of wanted to do this to see which foundations were worth keeping.


The L'oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation in W3 has been one of my foundation loves for the days when I don't have time to break out my BeautyBlender with higher coverage foundations. I usually just dab concealer on my bigger blemishes and even out the rest of my face with the cushion foundation.

I've also been interested in cream stick foundations. My first introduction to this kind of foundation is the Etude House Play 101 Stick Foundation in #4. It's too light for me, but that opened the door for me to see how great they are! 

My roommates got me the Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation Stick in 127 = Y335 for my birthday and it photographs beautifully with buildable coverage. For more every day wear, I've using my deluxe sample of the Clinique Chubby In The Nude Foundation Stick in 09 'Normous Neutral. The color match is almost a perfect match for my face right now, but it's not as pigmented or creamy as the MUFE foundation stick. The formula is still great though! The creamier texture from the MUFE Foundation Stick just results in my face looking a bit more dewy, 

Lastly, I've been using the Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in #10 again. I actually really like this foundation, but I liked my HG combo mentioned in the intro more. The coverage and finish is beautiful and also looks great in photographs. I do find that I have to be careful about layering around my nose, but it's probably my biggest gripe about this foundation.


L'oreal W3 / MUFE 127 = &335 / Clinique 'Normous Neutral / Illamasqua 10

Some of my foundations are a touch lighter than the rest of my body, but it's because my face in general is lighter than the rest of my body. I try to find a match between my forehead (darkest part of my face) and chest, but I do find that I can wear most colors in between. 

What foundations have you been loving? What kind of coverage and finish do you prefer?


By the way! Don't forget to enter my international giveaway for the Etude House Fantastic Color Eyes Palette in Strawberry Fondue and Play 101 Pencil in #73 here!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment