Favorites: March 2016!


I'm back! I took a short break from blogging to take a small vacation. I've been working a lot and haven't had time off since Christmas, and so I decided to use my boyfriend's Spring Break as an excuse to have fun! I'll be putting up some posts about that later, but here's a quick post about makeup.

I'm easing myself back by doing a favorites post for March. I started off this month doing a lot of darker smokey eyes and then transitioned to lighter no-makeup makeup looks since I was outside a lot. 

I'll start off with the item that can't be swatched - The Pixi by Petra Hydrating Milky Mist! I've been switching between this mist and MAC Fix+, but I recently decided that I like the Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist more. The spray is a bit more fine and it doesn't make me look as wet. It still makes me look dewy but it's more natural and takes away the look of extra powder / cakiness. 


One of my go-to favorites this month was the Etude House Berry Delicious Fantastic Color Eyes Palette in Strawberry Fondue*! I was sent this to review, but I ended up loving it so much that I bought a new one myself and did a giveaway for it. The colors I used the most were Hazelnut Chocolate, Fresh Strawberry, and Dip! Dip!

The lip color I loved this month was the Etude House Dear My Wish Lips-Talk in RD302. I kept eyeing these lipsticks on the Etude House due to the adorable packaging and I'm glad I finally got one. The color is a deep vampy shade and is so creamy. The lipstick is very pigmented and so I like to lightly tap it onto my lips to create a stain to make it more work friendly.

I briefly mentioned it in my last favorites post, but I got into subtle brown smokey eyes. My two favorites to use were the Clinique Lip Pop in Cocoa Pop and the Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon in Brown(Out). I would just lay down a base using the eye liner and then blend it out using the shadow. I would then keep layering the shadow to build up the intensity and finish by lining the lower lashline with the some pencil.

What were your March favorites? Please let me know what posts you would like to read! I'm trying to get some more suggestions to give my blog some variety.

I hope you're all doing well! :)

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment