Review & Swatches: Benefit Cosmetics Girl Meets Pearl


The Benefit Cosmetics Girl Meets Pearl Liquid Highligher is described as a "soft, golden-pink liquid pearl luminzer." This product can be used by itself on top and under foundation as well as mixed into base products. There's also sweet almond seed extract to help smooth out and firm the skin. It retails for $30.00 and contains 120 mL / 0.4 fl oz.


The product initially looks like light pink, but the golden sheen becomes more apparent as you blend it out. If you're looking for just a pink liquid highlighter, you'll need to look elsewhere like Benefit's High Beam instead. 

The end effect ends up being a slight flush of a pearly pink with some flashes of gold. 

Right when I swatched it, I though it would pair up beautifully with something like NARS Deep Throat on top of it. Benefit Dandelion would also look very pretty on top and it'll bring out the light pinky tones from the highlighter as well. 


In the above pictures, I just applied in it a C shape around my eyes with a flat foundation type brush. As you can see, there is a glow to attracts the light but there's no extra color added to my face when you look at me from a normal distance away. The effects are subtle, but instead creates a natural luminosity to the face. 


In indirect sunlight, the color and sheen is more subtle - which I'm perfectly happy about! I only had one layer on, but you can definitely layer it on to be more obvious. My cheekbones are slightly brought forward and there is no glitter in sight.

If you want more visible shimmer, the Becca Cosmetics Liquid Shimmering Skin Perfectors would be more up your alley. The subtlety of Girl Meets Pearl makes it more universal though since it won't emphasize uneven texture as much. 

I did not find any fading or transferring with this product. Liquid products tend to lift a little bit onto my phone, but Girl Meets Pearl stayed beautifully in place all day. 

Final Thoughts: I can't stop gushing about this product. I've worn it on top and under foundations and it didn't affect wear time. It's on the more subtle end of highlighters, but I feel like it helps make the product more universal. I was surprised about how much it leaned towards being golden considering how pink it initially comes out, but it's not yellow. Both colors kind of "flash" back on forth depending on where the light hits your face as well. I highly recommend to buy (or at least swatch!) this product!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment