Favorites: February 2016!


If you've been following my Instagram, I've been posting the products I use everyday and so the products from this Favorites post won't be any surprise. I'm still very much into highlighter, but I've been going for that "glow from within" look this month. 

My very sweet roommates got me the Becca Backlight Priming Filter for my birthday and I've been using it every day since getting it. I wear it under sheerer foundations to give myself a nice glow, but it does get hidden if you use anything with medium and higher coverage. I hear people have had great luck with mixing their foundations with this primer, but I haven't tried that yet. Even though my face looks more luminous, it doesn't make me oily and does a pretty good job at priming my face as well.

To add even more glow, I've been patting the Benefit Cosmetics Girl Meets Pearl liquid highlighter on my cheekbones. I can wear it under and above foundation and the golden pink sheen is gorgeous. To bump up the color even more, I layer the Wet n Wild Color Icon Ombre Blush in The Princess Daiquiries on top. It's more of a pinky highlighter on me than a blush, but I don't mind. I was kind of expecting that after seeing how light the blush looked.

I switched out my Cover FX Custom Cover Drops + Boujois Healthy Mix Foundation combo and started using the L'oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation W3 instead. It doesn't give me the same coverage as the other combo, but the formula and finish is gorgeous. I still need a high coverage concealer for my acne marks, but that's just my own self consciousness about my skin. 


L to R;
Becca Backlight Priming Filter
Benefit Cosmetics Girl Meets Pearl
Wet n Wild Color Icon Ombre Blush in The Princess Daiquiries
L'oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation in W3

I've been using all four products almost every day and just doing a wash of color on my lids to give myself a natural and luminous look. For the last couple of days, I've been going darker on my lids and so you'll probably see a drastic difference in March's favorites post. I'm already excited thinking about it since I got a lot of smokier looking eye products near end of February!

Have you tried any of these products? Do you prefer a luminous or matte finish?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment