Review & Swatches: L'oral Infallible Pro Matte Glosses in Forbidden Kiss and Nude Allure


The L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte Glosses in Forbidden Kiss and Nude Allure are relatively new releases from L'oreal and it combines the cushiony feel of a gloss with the longevity and pigmentation of a liquid lipstick. Unlike the popular liquid matte lipsticks out right now, these don't claim to be budge / transfer proof. They instead emphasize on giving a velvety finish and look with all day comfort. There is 0.21 fluid ounces / 6.3 grams and they retail for around $9.99 each.



The wand is a flexible triangle shaped doe foot applicator. I actually really like the shape of the applicator and it's also not super fuzzy in case I wanted to make more precise lines. There's a sweet candy smell to the product (which I don't mind and it's a lot better than the Maybelline liquid lipsticks) but it fades pretty quickly.

Generally, I like to include arm and face swatches of products but all of them kept making Nude Allure look a lot more orange than it is. Even with the product shot, it looks more peachy/orangey even though Forbidden Kiss looks like how it does in real life. 


But speaking of Nude Allure! It's a warm pinky rose color that is very similar to MAC Soar but more pink. It's also similar to my fave pinky rose nudes - Charlotte Tilbury in Bond Girl & Maybelline Touch of Spice - but those are more more. 

Even though this product has a mostly matte finish (still some shine though!), I did see some feathering by 3-4 hours. I was pretty confused on it, but using a lip pencil like the NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Mauve or Natural or the MAC Lip Pencil in Soar can help prevent that problem. 


Forbidden Kiss is a blue toned fuchsia purple and reminds me of the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss Lipstick in 09. Unlike Nude Allure, I didn't see this color feathering at all. 

I did wait half a minute or so before taking these face shots, but you can probably see that they don't set to a flat matte like the other liquid lipsticks saturating the beauty world right now. They have a similar finish to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, but I'm not 100% sure since I don't have those anymore. 

These lip products don't claim to be budge / transfer proof but they did last a long time. I do have to be more careful when wearing these though since they can transfer to my chin when I eat and onto my cups when I drink water. Besides the feathering from Nude Allure, there weren't that many problems. They both faded really well too.

I'm a tiny bit annoyed that the name of the range includes "matte gloss," but that description does kind of make sense. Like I mentioned in the intro, they do feel cushiony on the lips and don't feel drying or tacky/sticky. They are also very pigmented like the matte liquid lipsticks currently out there. 

I don't know how to describe it, but there is a strange tingly sensation when you first apply this lip products. It doesn't hurt or anything but I would stay away from these if you have really sensitive lips. 

Final thoughts: If you've been wanting to jump onto the liquid lipstick trend but have dry lips, I would recommend to start off with these. They're easy to work with and aren't a hassle to clean up if you've made a mistake during application. Personally, I feel like everything about the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte Glosses is user friendly - triangular doe foot applicator, thin but pigmented formula, and light texture. Out of the two, I would recommend Nude Allure just because it's a more wearable color but I experienced some feathering with it. Forbidden Kiss is also a great choice since it's dark enough to stand out but light enough to still be wearable even at an office. Overall, I do think these are amazing drug store lip options and I'm very interested in picking up some more colors later on. 

Have you tried these? Do you like fully matte budge proof liquid lipsticks (i.e. Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks, Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick, etc.) or those with a softer finish and moisturizing texture (i.e. NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss)?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment