Review & Swatches: Burberry Wet & Dry Glow Shadow in No. 002 Nude


The Burberry Wet & Dry Glow Shadow in No. 002 Nude is from the more glittery / luminous version of the original Wet & Dry Silk Shadows. The claims include giving an "effortless wash of luminous, highlighting color" on the lids and like the original version, these can also be used dry to be more subtle and wet to be more dramatic / metallic. The Burberry website said that these shadows can also be used as a "top coat" to make other shadows more luminous. There is 1.8 grams / 0.06 ounces of product and retails for $29.


The color is a bit hard to describe and even photograph. In the pan, it looks like a warm brown shade that is very reflective (like above), but it definitely swatches to be more cool toned and taupey. There's some gold to it that makes it warm, but it's way different from what it seems in the pan.


I did not like using this shadow dry at all. It does make the color more warm and that's what I prefer, but it was so sheer and there was so much fall out. Like in my previous post, I don't mind if shadows are sheer as long as they're not patchy or fall out city. 

The above middle picture was the eyeshadow dry using a Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush, which is my usual go - to brush with any and every eyeshadow. 

I much prefer using this shadow wet (the above eye demo on the right) and I do that by packing some product on a flat brush and spritzing it with a spray like MAC Fix+ or Urban Decay All Nighter. 


Don't get me wrong, it's still gorgeous when I pack it on dry using a flat brush or finger with a warm crease color though. It's just a hassle because the glitter fall out from the shadow just gets all over. I feel like with the high price tag, the fall out should be a least more minimal if not no fall out at all. 

My camera couldn't quite capture it, but there is a nice reflective shine to the shadow. The luminous glow Burberry was talking about is definitely there and I can see why they suggested using this as a "top coat" to the lid. 

The texture is also smooth, but not as smooth as the original Wet & Dry Silk Eyeshadow range. There is noticeably more shimmer and shine to the Glow range though and so the difference in texture does make sense.

Final thoughts: If you didn't notice it, there is a negative overtone to this review for the Burberry Wet & Dry Glow Eyeshadow in Nude. I was so excited about it since I did love Pale Barley's texture that I had high hopes for Nude as well. It's not a bad eyeshadow, but for the price, my reaction should have been a lot better than just an overall "meh." If you're interested in Burberry products, I would recommend the Wet & Dry Silk Eyeshadow range instead of this glow one. There are definitely better quality shadows in this kind of color and finish out there for a fraction of the price as well. 

Have you tried this product? How do you feel about wet & dry eyeshadow formulas?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment