Favorites: April 2016!


During April, I wasn't that creative with my makeup but I did a massive amount of it. All of the sales were too good to pass up and I ended up picking up a lot of stuff that became instant favorites. I'm sure you'll see some more stuff that I hauled in May's favorites post as well, but these are the ones I could not stop grabbing for. 



Even before the Viseart Theory Palettes were released, I was drooling over Minx in all of the promo pictures. The colors were all perfect for me and I'm very happy to report that the eyeshadows are great. I also didn't want to spend $80 on their normal palettes. I had to stop myself from using this palette every day since getting it too since it looked boring in my FOTD Instagram product posts. Honestly, these colors are very basic and so I don't know if they're worth the price tag for everyone but as a beauty/makeup lover, I couldn't be happier. It's a great individual palette as well in that I don't need to reach for anything else to create a full eyeshadow look. 

Unsurprisingly, I really loved the MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skin Finish in Nuanced during April. I also started drooling right when I saw the promo pictures for this product. Pinky highlighters are my jam and this one is so beautiful on the skin. It does bother me that it's kind of powdery, but I usually get that with baked products. It's not an intense highlighter like the Becca Pressed Shimmering Skin Perfectors, but Nuanced can also be used wet to give a more reflective effect.

I have two lip products for my April favorites and they're kind of similar in color, but just with different formulations. As I mentioned in another post, Celina from TheCelution played a huge part in me getting the Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Chai. It's a perfect rosey mauvey with a touch of brown nude lipstick (I'm great at explaining stuff!) and so I've been reaching for it a lot. I've been favorite lip oils or liquid lipsticks lately and so it's nice switching back to a traditional lipstick. The Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipsticks also have an amazing long lasting and moisturizing formula.

The Missha x Line Friends Pop Tastic Jelly Tint in Maple Latte has that same rosey mauvey tone to it as well, but it's a more sheer lip tint. I sometimes wear this under similar colored lipsticks too just in case the lipstick fades and I can't touch up. It's a bit drying, but I can layer other moisturizing products on it without making the color fade faster.


L to R -
Viseart Theory Palette in Minx
MAC Cosmetics Mineralize Skin Finish in Nuanced (each color individually swatched)
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Chai
Missha x Line Friends Pop Tastic Jelly Tint in Maple Latte

Have you tried any of these products? Is there a certain color type that you gravitate towards?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment