Favorites: May 2016!


Compared to past posts, I've got quite a few favorites for May! I've kept on going on shopping sprees recently and so it was kind of hard to figure out what were my actual favorites and what I wanted to be my favorites since they were so pretty.



L to R
Tarte Rainforest of The Sea Water Foundation in Light-Medium Honey
Cover FX Cover Click in G40
Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in Gemini
Lancome Juicy Shaker in Vanilla Pop
Life's Entropy Semi-Loose Eyeshadows in Coral Polyps and Inglorious Bonds

BASES

These two products were no-brainers and I can see myself wearing these all year round. The Tarte Cosmetics Rainforest of The Sea Water Foundation in Light-Medium Honey (review here) was exactly what I was looking for since I wanted to change up my bases. I wish it didn't have SPF in it so that I could wear it during my rare night outs, but I haven't seen any white cast / flash back yet! It looks and feels light, but it gives so much coverage. For someone that has dry skin, this is absolutely perfect but I can also see this working on oily skin as well. 

The other base I've been using a lot is the Cover FX Cover Click in G40*. I won a giveaway hosted by Cover FX on Instagram and this was one of the products I received. It's so creamy, pigmented, and easy to blend. I just needs a few swipes and a buffing brush and my base is perfect. Since there's not a lot of product, I'm trying to just use it for concealing though. It works great under my eyes and also on my acne marks. 

LIPS

I kept switching between a pigmented matte liquid lipstick and a sheer slightly glossy tinted oil. I've been having a slight lip issue and so I've been using the Lancome Juicy Shaker in Vanilla Pop (review here) a lot. I also have Wonder Melon, but Vanilla Pop is more me since it's more red. The Juicy Shakers feel so nice on my lips and it's the perfect amount of color to wear at work. When I wasn't wearing a lip oil, I was wearing the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipstick in Gemini. It's one of Jeffree Star's most recent color and it's a beautiful rose color. It's pretty much I wanted the super coveted Androgyny to be. 

EYES

Even though I bought so many eye products lately, I used the Life's Entropy Semi-Loose Eyeshadows in Coral Polyps and Inglorious Bonds (review here) so much this month. I also really loved Immortal Jellyfish, but I wore the other two more. I am so impressed with these shadows and how the company has grown. Even though these shadows are loose, they're pretty easy to use and adhere to the skin so well. They're incredibly shimmery and look gorgeous alone or paired up with other matte shadows. 

Whelps! These were my May 2016 favorites! It was hard to narrow my favorites down but I think I did a good job on not rambling as much? I hope?

What were your May 2016 favorites? What have you been loving lately?

*As mentioned, I got some Cover FX products sent to me for free for winning a giveaway on Instagram. All opinions are my own and completely honest. 
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment