I hope you all had a great New Years / New Years Eve! I'm actually spending my New Years Eve writing blog posts and webcamming with my boyfriend (I'M SUPER FUNNNNN). The only excuse I have is my work place gets super stressful at the end of every month, quarter, and year.
I don't really do New Year's Resolutions, but I decided do some for my beauty / shopping habits. I kind of justify my purchases by saying it's for my blog, but the majority of the things I buy are never reviewed. Limited edition stuff always seem to pop up and I would way to buy those too. Then I end up pushing previously purchased items from permanent lines to the side... and then ultimately never reviewing them.
My makeup collection has gotten larger and larger and that brings me to my first resolution -
1. Go on a no / low buy | I don't want to outright say I'm going on a no-buy because that strangely feels like a lot of pressure. I'm going to minimize the amount of money spent on makeup and maybe buy one or two things a month at most or buy a bigger purchase once every few months.
2. Clear out my collection | I have a lot of things that don't work on me that I just keep around. I sometimes say that I'll use it for duping or comparisons, but that's just another excuse. I feel guilty throwing stuff away but some of stuff are really old anyway. What you see in this post is the majority of my collection and there's another drawer filled with mascara backups and samples.
3. Rotate / "Shop" the stash | I read on Reddit that some people designate a palette or product(s) that can be used for one week and can't be used again until they've rotated through all of their stuff. I also realized that I was ignoring a lot of my older favorites due to constantly buying new things to test out.
4. Write more varied posts | I tend to mostly stick with writing reviews but I think I should probably start adding more into my posts. To document #3, I might post more FOTD posts or something but I might not be able to do that until spring/summer when the sun is out all day. Right now, I mostly do a lot of my pictures during the weekend for about 1-3 hours. My window is at an awkward spot and so the sun doesn't really stay consistent for me. "Top ____ Products" posts are also interesting to me and so I might do more of those as well.
5. Figure out my new camera.... | This isn't fully beauty related, but I did treat myself and got the Sony A6000. I have no idea how to use it and tried to do some shots for this post. This was just a trial run to test some things out and I'm doing terribly. If you have this camera, please let me know if you have some tips and tricks on how to use it!
What were your New Year's Resolutions? What kind of posts do you like to see? Were you also boring like me on New Years Eve.....