Favorites: 2015 Colored Face/Cheek Products!


This was a pretty easy post to do since I almost never wear blush and calmed down on contouring. I struggled a bit on choosing highlighers, but one of my absolute favorites has been discontinued (you will forever be in my heart, Wet n Wild Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow).


The Milani Powder Blush in Romantic Rose was one of the blushes I constantly reached for when I get it in 2015. It is a beautiful rosey browny nude color and it is so flattering. It is neutral enough that I could wear it with everything, but it still gave my face some life even when I wore it alone. 

The other two blushes that I used a lot were the Clinique Cheek Pop Blushes in Fig Pop and Cola Pop. The color of Cola Pop is definitely out of my comfort zone, but the formula makes it easy to wear. Both blushes look very natural on my skin and give me a very beautiful non-shimmery glow. 


Becca Cosmetics can really do no wrong with highlighters. They're all super shimmery and reflective, but can also be sheered out. I took pictures of the Shimmering Skin Perfectors in Opal (liquid and pressed), but I also love using Champagne Pop. I have the full sized of Rose Gold and mini sizes of Pearl and Topaz from the Champagne Glow palette, but I don't reach for those as much since I have to be more careful on the rest of my face to color coordinate. 

When I want a highlighter with more color, the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Sunset Pink is my go to pick. I can use it as a highlighting blush and eye shadow. Mixed together, the stripes create a gorgeous warm bronzey pink shade that makes me so happy. I do have to be careful though since my cheeks can look metallic if I put on too much.

I don't contour as much anymore, but the ones I use the most are the Burberry Light Glow Blush in Earthy and Benefit Cosmetics Matte Bronzer in Hoola. I'm starting to notice that there is a slight rosey undertone to Earthy, but it still gives me a natural shadow when I use it as a contour. Hoola is also a great choice for me because of the slightly yellow-y undertone. I have tried a lot of grayer toned contour powders, but I have to be a bit more careful with those just in case they make my face look too ashy. Both of these powders are soft, blend well into my skin, and never look cakey.

What cheek / colored face products did you love in 2015? Do we have any matching favorites? Also, please give me blush tips because I struggle so hard in that area!
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment