Favorites: 2015 Skincare Products


I was going to move that cup... but decided to keep it in as a "these products Exterrrminate! my acne." I used to be a pretty huge Doctor Who fan but anyway...

1-2 years ago, I probably had the worst breakouts of my life and so I spent the end of 2014 and the whole of 2015 really refining and splurging on my skin care routine. It was a lot of trial and error and then I noticed that these products were the only ones I was constantly repurchasing and stocking up on because I never wanted to run out.


The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso Make-Up Cleansing Oil is what I use to take off almost all of my makeup every night. It breaks down everything and never dries out my already dry/dehydrated skin. The Camomile Cleansing Oil also came out the same time as this product, but the claims from the Shiso line stood out to me a lot more. The line is supposedly helps fade acne marks and lighten/brighten up your skin, but that claim is kind of hard to test for this cleanser since it's not really on the skin for that long. The only thing I might have trouble with in regards to this cleanser is waterproof mascara but that's where the next product comes into play!

The Eucerin Sensitive Skin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser is part two of my two step cleansing routine. The cleansing oil pretty much gets everything, but I like to use the Eucerin cleanser as well because it also takes away any left over traces of stubborn makeup. This cleanser also works really well in cleaning my BeautyBlender and other makeup tools!

I didn't take a picture of it, but The Body Shop Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover is also great at taking off leftover mascara. I also use it when I mess up on my eye makeup since it doesn't leave any residue on my skin. I haven't been using this as much lately and so it's been bumped to a runner up product, but it's always handy to have.


I've never been that much of a toner lover, but the Pixi Glow Tonic is one of the best skin products I've ever tried. It's definitely made a difference in regards to my hyper pigmentation. I used to use the Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner, but it doesn't work as well as the Pixi one. I stopped using this toner for about a week when I went back to my hometown and my skin looked and felt more clogged up. I'm so glad that this product came to the US last year and I honestly hope it never goes away.

The Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil is also another product I started using last year and I've used up two travel sized bottles and finally bought the full sized one. I've switched to using thinner products like essences, serums, and emulsions and using a facial oil as the last step really locks everything into my skin. I know this product is too heavy for some people (which is totally understandable!), but it's helped my skin look so much better in general that I can't stop recommending it to everyone who will listen.

The last product that I always need on hand is the Nexcare Acne Care Dressing Pimple Stickers. There are many different brands that carry this kind of product, but they're basically hydrocolloid bandages. These stickers are targeted for acne, but it's mostly because of the size. Bigger versions also help with blisters and I've even tried these on cold sores and they helped so much. It took me awhile to get used to this product, but you pretty much wait till the head of the blemish appears and you can lance it (or slightly prick it with a sanitized needle) and put the sticker on top. The prick just helps the blemish drain out easier and by the time you wake up, the swelling and bacteria has been sucked out. This product is definitely an acne prone person's best friend!

What were your 2015 skin care favorites? Have you tried any of these products?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment