Haul: New Drugstore Lip Products ft. Maybelline, L'oreal, and Milani


I do realize I posted this right after my "no / low buy post" but I swear I bought these before that post!

L'oreal and Maybelline have had liquid lipsticks in the past, but they recently brought out new liquid to matte lipsticks! I used to have a liquid two-step process lipstick from L'oreal and it was not great. The second step was a clear balm that made the liquid lipstick more comfortable, but it felt and looked like some kind of vinyl. I'll just say right now that these are definitely better liquid lipsticks, but they're not as budge proof (in a good way!).

Milani also released some new lip products including making their liquid lipsticks permanent, but I wasn't able to get one of those to try out. They did release some lip oils though that I was able to get! From what I can see, they're supposed to be similar to the Clarins lip oils but I don't have the Clarins one to compare. 


Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte Liquid Lip Color in Fuchsia Ecstasy & Berry Boost 
Both colors feel very comfortable on the lips, but there's a strong fake rose smell that lingers on the lips. I'm not that sensitive to smells, but these did start to give me a headache. True to their name, these liquid lipsticks are Vivid even with a darker color like Berry Boost. Even though Berry Boost and Forbidden Kiss look very similar in the tubes, Berry Boost does look more vivid. 

L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss in Forbidden Kiss and Nude Allure
The name "matte gloss" bothers me, but it somehow does it make sense. They have a slight slip that makes these liquid lipsticks super comfortable to wear. The finish isn't quite matte and more like a suede? There's a slightly fruity scent to it and it is a lot more pleasant than the Maybelline ones. It also disappears very quickly. 

I did wait a few minutes after doing swatches to make the finish more true to life (i.e show that suede finish) but it photographs a lot glossier on my arm. On the lips, it does show more matte like the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. 

Milani Moisture Lock Oil Infused Lip Treatment in Repairing Primrose
I was originally going to get the Grapefruit scent, but my dry lips from winter were calling out for the Primrose scent. I also realized that they're pretty much clear and so I convinced myself out of getting another one. From my first impressions, I do really like it so far and so I might pick it up when I go back to Walgreens / CVS to look for Milani's liquid lipsticks. 

What new drugstore product are you most excited for? Did you pick any of these up?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment