Review & Swatches: Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer in Color Adjust (Green)


Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer in Color Adjust (green) claims to reduce the appearance of redness and blotchy skintones while smoothing over fine lines. I bought this when the travel sizes were $10, but the Smashbox website now has it listed for $15.  
I had some samples of the original version of this primer and thought it worked great and since the price of the colored versions were the same, I got the green one to try out. At first, I didn't notice any change in my skin color until I looked at the pictures blow. I asked for some second opinions without the context of the primer and other people even noticed that the redness was lessened.

This primer is silicone based and so it has that really smooth feel to the skin. My foundation was able to just slide over my face and I even found that using my fingers with foundation worked amazingly with this primer. 

I would dispense a little bit of the product on a finger and spread it onto my other fingers. Then, I would pat it onto the more red areas and smooth it across my face. The key is to add very small amounts until you're satisfied. Using too much would make the foundation slip and slide all over your face. 

The foundation I used was Makeup Forever's HD Invisible Cover Foundation in #127 Dark Sand (review here).

The right swatch has been tapped/blended out

Final Thoughts: I'm not super oily and so I feel lucky that my foundation does stay on for a good amount of time. I can't test the staying power though, but like I said before, it made my skin feel smoother. It even smoothed over some of the flaky/dry spots on my face. The green counter-acts my acne scars to make them less noticeable.

Where to buy: Sephora, Amazon, Smashbox, Ulta
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment