Hao Are You? #3 // I'm meeeelting


I'm meeelting! (Cue the Wicked Witch's voice) This week has been 90-100 degrees Fahrenheit and it's only going to get worse as summer comes. I'm so happy that my rent includes AC because my roommates and I have been blasting it non-stop. Some of my friends keep wanting to go to my apartment too so that they could use the AC. 

Now, let's start with the questions!

What have you been up to?
If you didn't know, I have a tumblr and I've been doing #100happydays, which you can find out more about here. The pictures above are from that "challenge." I'm mostly motivated to do it so that I could get the photobook at the end, but I also wanted to start documenting my days. Even though I'm only halfway done, it's been fun looking back on what I've done. I started to get back into baking, but it's hard trying to try out a lot of different recipes since I don't want to make too many things at one time.  School is going pretty well and I'm not as stressed out anymore because I got a research assistant position.

What are you looking forward to?
I've been waking up around 5:40AM 2-3 times a week for the past 3 weeks and Monday will be the last day this school quarter that I have to do it. I'm so happy that that will be done soon. There's about 3 more weeks of school and I can't wait for my week break. I'm taking summer classes and so I won't have a lot of time to go back to visit my friends and family. 

What product have you been loving?
Since it's so hot, I've been really relying on sun screen. I recently bought Lancome's Bienfait UV 50+ Sunscreen during Sephora's Chic Week sale. It's oil-free and very thin and so it's great under makeup. It's hard for me to put on 1/4 a teaspoon of sun screen on because all of my other sunscreen is way too thick. I've also been using Clinique's Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel twice a day for the past two-ish months. It's not a miracle worker, but it is working. It has1% salicylic acid and salicylic acid tends to work better on my skin than benzoyl peroxide. I would put a thin layer all over my face and if I have a huge pimple, I would use it as a spot treatment too since the directions suggest using it both ways. As you guys know, I do not have the clearest skin and so the combo of these products are working well for me. One prevents / treats acne and the other prevents the scars from getting darker or worse. 

The products are slightly blended out on the bottom image

How was your week? 

ps. I'm also thinking about splitting up the life update portion and the product portion to be different blog posts. I try to keep these posts more concise, but if there were two posts, I would include more products. What do you guys think about that?


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment