Makeup Look: Hyosung of Secret's Solo Debut Liner Look


I love looking at makeup looks form KPOP stars. I feel like they're more translatable to my eyes and they like to emphasis the same things I do. Hyosung is an amazing singer and she's having her solo debut soon.


The look I was inspired by was the one on the right. It's such a beautiful, but somewhat wearable, purpley-blue elongated liner look. The drama of the smokey eye is paired up with a very fun color. Her hair is such a pretty color too. From the photo, it looks like a red purple and her brows are colored in a similar way too. 



A lot of the Kpop stars have amazing skin and so I used a pore-filling primer and a foundation that was very photo friendly. I don't have a good concealer right now, so I just skipped out on that. 


The lids were really basic and I only used two shades. I used a matte brown all over the lid and a matte black with an angled brush to really map out the winged out area. The black was applied to about the middle of my lid and a more fluffy brush was used to blend it out. 


For the main focus on the lower liner, I used a purple eyeliner as a base on the lash line and a blue purple shadow patted on top. I also lined my waterline with the same purple liner. There's a shadow underneath the liner in Hyosung's picture, so I used a matte brown to contour my eyes. To brighten up my eyes, I used a light frosty color in my inner corners. 

I improvised for the parts I couldn't see in the inspiration picture. I slightly contoured my face because the makeup is more dramatic and did an ombre / bitten lip. The lips were done like this because it is a big trend in South Korea right now and Hyosung's lips were also done like that on the picture on the left. 


Products Used
  • Benefit Porefessional
  • MUFE HD Foundation in #127
  • MAC Sculpting Powder in Sculpt
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • NYX Eyeshadow in Charcoal Brown + theBalm eyeshadow in Sexy for the brows 
  • theBalm eyeshadow in Sultry and Serious
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Virgin
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Riot
  • CoverGirl Shadow pot in Blazing Purple (review here)
  • Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
  • Benefit They're Real Mascara
  • Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 09
  • OPI Linkin Park After Dark


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment