The Beautylish 2017 Lucky Bag


Every year, Beautylish holds a Lucky Bag event where customers can spend $75 (for the regular Lucky Bag) and receive a "bag" of surprises! Each product is a complete surprise until the customer opens it, but it usually includes featured brands on Beautylish. I'm so late in posting my bag, but I'm hoping mine will help others decide if they'll want to purchase one at the end of this year. 

My Lucky Bag included the following - 
It Cosmetics Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara
Charlotte Tilbury x Norman Parkinson Filmstar Bronze & Glow
Chikuhodo 18-1 Powder Brush
Make-Up Atelier Palette in Natural Brown
Oribe Mini Dry Texturizing Spray
Bioderma Mini Sensibio H2O
Smith & Cult Nail Polish in Lovers Creep

I think this bag would be great for those don't have a lot of makeup products. While these all seem like great choices, I was kind of disappointed in what I got but it's more for personal reasons. I have a large makeup collection and so I'm in between being happy with these choices and kind of really meh about them. I've already offered the mascara to a friend since I don't wear non-waterproof mascaras since they instantly wilt my curled lashes. 

I'm pretty interested in the Oribe Texturizing Spray, the Chikuhodo brush, and Smith & Cult Nail Polish though. I actually had to follow a lot of Reddit threads to find out what the brush was. It felt soft and so I was excited to use it with one of the powders I just bought, but it did initially seem weird that there was an unlabeled product in this bag. 


I wasn't really a fan of the Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow (original powder one) because the sculpting powder was warm and shimmery and too light for my light-medium skin tone. When I got the cream version, I wasn't too excited either because of the same concerns. I'm still going to try it out since I've been more into cream products, but I think you can see why I wasn't too excited?


While the Make-Up Atelier Palette seems lovely and like a staple (neutral shades that range from a light highlighting color to a black), I have so many palettes with these shades in my collection. I'm going to keep testing this out to see how I feel about the formula, but I kind of wish I got the Honey Browns, Golden Tones, or Warm Tones palette like other people did instead since the colors are a bit more interesting. 

For me, I'm going to pass on the next Lucky Bag and will probably just spend the $75 on stuff I actually want. A lot of the other 2017 Lucky Bags I saw did look more interesting and more "me" and that didn't help when I looked at my own bag. Most of the issues I had with my bag are definitely personal reasons though, but I've heard of many people enjoying the same choices I got and I totally understand that. To each their own! 

Will you be getting the 2018 Beautylish Lucky Bag? Did you get the 2017 Lucky Bag?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment