Makeup Party: Green With Envy ft. Sugarpill



I recently bought a whole bunch of Sugarpill eyeshadows so that I could play and get more comfortable with colored eyeshadows. It's still mainly me wearing these brighter shades at home, but that's still something, right?!

I initially wanted to do a more olive toned coloring since that shade and wearing turtle necks like Steve Jobs has been my aesthetic lately, but it turned out brighter. Overall, I'm quite happy with my eye look and also lip choice but I wasn't quite as happy with my base. I've been breaking out a lot more on my jawline and foundations haven't been sitting on my skin as well as I want them to. I'm going to sound like a weenie, but it's been cold in Southern California at around 40-50 degrees F lately and so it's been rough on my skin. Moisturizers and facial oils have been my best friend!




For the base, I wanted to go as full as possible and so I broke out the Cover FX Custom Cover Drops in G40 and mixed it with the Too Cool For School Artify After School BB Foundation Lunch Box SPF37 PA++ in Healthy Skin #30. To add a bit more coverage under my eyes, I used the Glossier Stretch Concealer in Medium.

The Glossier Concealer is at most medium coverage, but the formula is pretty moisturizing and never creases for my dry under eye area. 


The main point of the look was the eyes though. Like mentioned, I really mostly wanted to play with my new Sugarpill eye shadows but I also used the Viseart Warm Neutral Mattes Palette as well for the crease and to help with blending. I realized that I mostly do Halo Eye looks, but they're just so flattering and easier to do on my hooded lids. There's also other excuses on why, but it mostly involves being lazy after work and not wanting to do my hair. 

I have been putting more creative looks on my Instagram though if you wanted to check those out here


Products - 
  1. Too Cool For School Artify After School BB Foundation Lunch Box SPF37 PA++ in Healthy Skin #30 (review here)
  2. Glossier Stretch Concealer in Medium
  3. Cover FX Custom Cover Drops in G40
  4. Kevyn Aucoin The Contour Duo On The Go (used the Sculpting Powder)
  5. Makeup Revolution Strobe Highlighter in Holographic Lights
  6. Blackbird Cosmetics Pressed Luxury Eye Shadow in Hatchet
  7. Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadows in Mochi, Midori, and Money Maker
  8. Viseart Warm Neutral Mattes Palette (just used a warm midtone brown shade and also the second lightest beige shade)
  9. Pony Effect Sharping Brow Definer in Deep Brown
  10. Soap and Glory Archery Volu-Boost Fibre Gel in Talk of the Brown
  11. NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Area
  12. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencil in 1993
  13. Maybelline the Falsies Push Up Angel Waterproof Mascara in Very Black 



Holographic Lights / Mochi / Money Maker / Midori / Hatchet

The star of the look definitely the eyes and the highlighter though because oh shit, it's a white based highlighter with a light almost lime green duochrome shift. It's definitely not an every day highlighter, but the level of shimmer it provides is pretty wearable and can be built up to be more extreme. 

While I do love the Viseart palette, some (if not all) of the shades are dupeable and can be interchanged with other eye shadows. 

What do you think about this look? How do you wear green shades? What other eye shadow shapes should I try out next?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment