For the past 3ish weeks, I've been home in the Bay Area and then went to San Diego for a couple of days to see my sister. I was going to be away fro my whole collection for a while and so I packed more than I usually would, but I ended up overpacking on the amount of makeup! I was behind on posts and so I did bring some stuff home just to test for future posts. I also bought things while at home, but I didn't include them in this post.
At the end of the post, I'm also going to show the things I actually ended up using. It's wayyy less than the amount I did bring. Whoops!
Lip and most of the eye products -
- Lorac Unzipped Palette
- Maybelline Volum' Express The Rocket Waterproof Mascara in Very Black
- Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer
- Maybelline Brow Drama Sculpting Brow Mascara in Deep Brown
- Wet 'n' Wild Take On The Day Eyeshadow Primer
- Mally Evercolor Shadow Stick in Saddle Shimmer and Rose Taupe
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Blacquer
- Clio Gelpresso Pencil Gel Liner Mini in Be Royal No. 17, Be Brave No. 19, and Be Classy No. 20
- It Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow Pencil in Universal Taupe*
- Anastasia Beverley Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Brown
- MAC Lipstick in See Sheer
- Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita (Feb 2015 version)
Face and the rest of the eye products
- theBalm Bronzer in Bahama Mama
- Benefit Blush in Rockateur
- Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++ No. 27
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC35
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in #54
- Lioele Water Drop BB Cream
- Lancome La Base Pro Perfecting Makeup Primer Smoothing Effect*
- Benefit Fakeup Concealer in Medium*
- theBalm Eyeshadow in Sleek, Serious, and Sexy
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Virgin
- Makeup Geek Foild Eyeshadow in Grandstand
- Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Collection Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure
- Milani Rose Powder Blush in Romantic Blush
- Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Pressed Powder
- Tarte Timeless Smoothing Primer*
Instead of 33 products, I mostly only used 14! I don't know what I was thinking when I brought 2 foundations in and 2 concealers. I normally only bring a contact lens container with a few pumps of foundation and maybe 2 pumps of the MAC concealer. Since I was being more relaxed on vacation, I didn't really care about making my face flawless and I really should've only brought one foundation.
The Unzipped palette and the bronzey eyeshadow stick from Mally was really all I needed for colored eye products. I also don't wear blush that often and I didn't even bring the brush I use with blush - why did I bring two blushes though?! Bronzer and the pinky highlighter was definitely all I needed.
I was given the Benefit Fakeup concealer recently and I actually quite like it under the eye area. I do need to set it because the formula is so creamy, but it works so well for my dry and fragile skin under my eyes. The Tarte face primer was also so amazing to use. It really gave my skin a more smooth appearance like Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch, but felt thinner.
I'm going back to the Bay Area in a month for a wedding and creating this post really helped me figure out what I need to bring. It's only going to be for a weekend, and so I definitely want to narrow down the products and tools down to fit it into the Charlotte Tilbury bag I used for this post.
What are your must have travel products? Also, what products do you like for wedding guest looks? I need some inspiration!