My Favorite Highlighters!!

 Before // After

Before // After

I've recently been loving highlighters and just highlighting my face. Even since I've gotten NARS Albatross (bought from someone on reddit), I have been experimenting with different ways to highlight my face. 

I am home for the summer and so I could only take my favorites home with me. I do miss the rest of my collection. :(

Keep on reading to see my favorite products right now!




 From Left to Right -
Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eye Liner in Nude
Nude + Half-Baked
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Half-Baked
NARS Blush in Albatross heavily swatched and more blended
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Virgin heavily swatched and more blended
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Broken heavily swatched and more blended (I also bought this palette from someone on reddit)


These three colors are my absolute favorite for highlighting. I also have theBalm's Mary-Lou Manizer, but it can be a bit too glittery for me. It is a very nice highlighter though. 

NARS Blush in Albatross looks very white, but it has a white base with a light golden shimmer. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Virgin is a satin eyeshadow that is a peachy beige color.Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Broken (from the Theodora OZ Palette) is a satin beige color, but is more yellow than Virgin. Virgin is also a bit more frosty than Broken. 


I like using Albatross on my cheekbones and nose bridge. That is how I applied it in the picture above. I use ELF's Small Stipple Brush to apply this product. It has the perfect amount of shimmer/sheen and just makes my face look lit from within. I use Virgin and Broken interchangeably. I prefer using Broken, but I wanted to include Virgin in my list as an alternative since Broken is from a limited edition palette. Broken is more versatile for me than Virgin or Albatross because I can use it everywhere and it wouldn't be too much. In the above picture, I used Virgin in the inner corners of my eyes and Broken on my brow bone. 

I tend to use Rimmel Nude Eyeliner + UD Half-Baked together to highlight the inner lower lash line. I demonstrated this in the above picture. Nude is too light and Half-Baked is too yellow for me when used alone. I prefer to use this combo so that I could use some more products I'm kind of "meh" about. 

I was going to do separate reviews on these products, but since most have used already, I thought just an overview would be okay. Comment below if you would like to hear more about any product though! 

What are your favorite highlighting products?


Share

No comments:

Post a Comment