Swatches | Dipping into Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomades


I've been using the Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow on and off since its launch, but I never really thought about writing a post about it until now. I remember not liking this product when it first came out, but I'm pretty sure it's because I was using way too much.

If you're one of my blog followers, it's been awhile. Hi! I've essentially moved over to mostly doing eye / makeup looks on Instagram and I've found that the DipBrow is one of my preferred products to use. In real life, I heavily rely on tinted brow gels like the Glossier Boy Brow though since they're easier and quicker to use.

With that being said, one of my biggest struggles with the DipBrow besides using it was trying to find my shade. I can't remember the first shade I bought years ago, but I ended up purchasing Soft Brown earlier this year and recently changed over Dark Brown after debating for months on whether or not Soft Brown was a touch too cool toned for me. I think if I was wearing Soft Brown by itself, it would've been fine but I would always pair it up with the Glossier Boy Brow in Brown and so I would see a bit of cool toned brown where I would fill in the sparse areas of my brow. While looking for my new shade, I was struggling to find brow swatches and mostly could only find arm swatches. That would normally be fine, but I've read on a couple places that DipBrow sometimes looks different on the brow vs the arm. I ended up getting Dark Brown and I like it even though it's sometimes too dark for me. I was seriously debating for such a long time in front of the Anastasia Beverly Hills section of Sephora and so I thought this blog post would be helpful for those who struggle with choosing a shade like me.

Soft Brown | Medium Brown | Chocolate | Dark Brown | Auburn

Sephora and Ulta often have samples of about 4 DipBrow shades and so during a recent Sephora order, I took the opportunity to get the Brunette sample packet. The sample packet had Medium Brown, Chocolate, Dark Brown, and Auburn. This would been really helpful a month ago, but oh well! Below are swatches of those four shades plus Soft Brown and I applied the DipBrow more heavy than I normally would. I also prepped my brows with a bit of soap so that they hairs would look neater.


Clockwise from the top left: Bare Brow | Soft Brown | Chocolate | Auburn | Dark Brown | Medium Brown
Something to note is that the DipBrow starts off pretty creamy and so it's really easy to get too much product on your brush. Once you break that very top layer, it does feel drier. If you're basing your purchase just on the texture of the sample packet, you might not like it anymore once you've used the actual pot past the top layer. Many people suggest using eye drops or Inglot Duraline to revive the creamy texture though. I personally feel like the Anastasia DipBrow Pomade can be used by anyone, but I recommend it more for those with very sparse brows or if you have oily skin since this product is waterproof.


& that's it! 

I hope this post was helpful even though I'm probably the last person to swatch/review these.

What's your favorite brow product? Have you tried the Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade before?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment