Review & Swatches: L'oreal Colour Riche Paradise Enchanted Eyeshadow Palette


It's actually been some time since I was excited about a drugstore eyeshadow palette. There's many wonderful and amazing budget beauty products out there, but I haven't had the greatest luck with mainstream drugstore eyeshadow palettes. I'm not even sure why I was so drawn to this palette, but the colors looked beautiful and fit the trend of rose gold / red / warm palettes that have been so popular lately. The L'oreal Colour Riche Paradise Enchanted Eyeshadow Palette contains 0.25 ounces of product and retails for around $15 through the links below -

The "mattes" in this palette look like they have a slight sheen or the finest shimmer running through them but they show up matte on the eyes. There was an initial disappointment when I looked at the colors in the pan, but I've found that this kind of formula is pretty easy to use and not as chalky or powdery as a straight up matte eyeshadow can be. I've seen variations of this kind of low shimmer / not completely matte but matte formula from other brands as well and I do like them since they're also less prone to being patchy or skipping on the lids. The mattes in this palette aren't as pigmented or dark as other mattes I have tried though. 


The shadows themselves feel very thin and so there's none to little kick up with you use a brush to pick up product. All of the shades require some build up and they don't seem to get super pigmented or opaque, but it may also be the coloring on my skin tone since most of the palette is on the light side. The way they build up and apply are also very beginner/user friendly. All of the shades are easy to apply and blend out so easily. I like to build up color as well and so I think it's nice that these shades are buildable instead of opaque right from the first dip into the palette. 

Except for the rose gold eyeliner in the second eye look (L'oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Liquid Eyeliner in Rose Gold), I only used the eyeshadows from the Paradise Enchanted Eyeshadow Palette.




I was trying to go for three distinctive color pairings, but it was kind of hard to do since most of the shades have similar tones. I'm going to be honest here and say that I have no idea what specific shades were used for the above looks since it's a been awhile. I know that I was able to use all of the shades in the palette though to create these three looks and so that was pretty surprising to me. I often struggle to use every single shade in a large palette since I always feel like one or two shades don't fit the color scheme. I don't mean the "pop of color / random blue shade" in a palette either. Overall, I feel like this palette is really cohesive with also a couple one and done shades. It would've benefited with maybe 1-2 more darker eyeshadows but I can see this being a great every day palette for people with fair to medium skin tones. 

I didn't use eye primer on any of the looks, but I did dust translucent powder over my lids to help with blending like I do with every eye look I do. Since the shadows were a bit thin, I felt like they were also more prone to fading and so I do recommend using a primer with this palette. 


Final thoughts: I think if I wasn't a blogger or constantly trying to create new eye looks on Instagram, I would enjoy this palette more. It's not bad and I actually think it's a pretty decent palette especially if you're trying to dip your toes into the pinky red tones. They're not too pigmented that it's easy to mess up with placement of product and they're not too sheer that nothing shows up. The shades are smooth and thin and I haven't seen any patchiness while using this palette. There's an almost duo chrome shade that benefits from using a tacky base like the Darling Girl Cosmetics Primped and Primed base, but you can also pack it on with your fingers or maybe a slightly wet flat brush to have that shift more obvious.

Do you have this palette? How do you feel about pinky eyeshadow palettes?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment