Review & Swatches: Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Pact


The Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Pact is a pressed version of their cult favorite product - No-Sebum Mineral Powder. It's a white translucent powder that's supposed to control the amount of sebum (or oil) on your face to keep you looking "soft and fresh" all day. This compact contains 8.5 grams of product and retails for $12 on their official website, but you can find it for less on some eBay stores. 



I like almost everything about the packaging except that the lid doesn't go back enough. You can set it on a table and there's a good angle, but I like to hold my compacts especially since this one has a smaller mirror. Besides that, the mint green color is so cute and the plastic packaging actually feels nice. It just looks very sleek and there's room for a puff, but it's not bulky like some other compacts.

The powder itself isn't as fine as my favorite Tarte Smooth Operator Powder (Loose), but I think it's because it's pressed. It is thin though and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. 


These pictures were in the very early morning and so the lighting is a bit weird. I was using my Ottlite lamp and so the lighting is a bit harsh, but it does give an accurate look at how the powder works. 

The left picture is right after applying my foundation with a slightly damp BeautyBlender. I usually have this slightly dewy look because of the moisture of the sponge as well as the liquid foundation. It is too dewy for me to start off the day with and so that's why I use powder to set. 

The right side is after I applied the powder with a very fluffy brush to just dust over my face and it gives me the perfect soft matte finish.


Here's another look to see how well the powder works to get rid of the "shiny" look but not the glow.

I love how the powder sets my foundation, but I don't like using it for touch ups because using too much makes me feel like I look a bit too dry. 


The above picture is from after work and having powdered before leaving my apartment.

L to R
After 11 hours of initial application
Left side of my face was powdered
Whole face powdered

Once again, the shine was taken away to give me a really nice soft matte finish. 


It might just be me, but I don't like the way it looks around my nose. It might be because I'm putting powder on top of my made up face after a long day, but some of my other powders don't do that. 

The soft matte finish I get in the beginning does not stay like that for me all day. I would say that I get oily/shiny again around 4-5 hours. The effect is lasting longer now that the weather is cooling down, but it still doesn't last all day. 

Final thoughts: I don't know how I really feel about this powder. It looks so beautiful when I first put it on and keeps my foundation on longer, but it doesn't work that well for touch ups. I was originally going to get the loose version, but I specifically wanted a powder for touch ups. I don't regret this purchase though since I still plan on using it in the mornings. I do recommend this powder if you have normal to oily skin but not if you have dry skin because it even looked a bit cakey on my normal skin. A light dusting of this is really all you need for most of the day, but you still might need to look into another powder for something to last all day or for touch ups. 

Have you tried Innisfree products? Do you have this product or this loose one? If you have both, which one is better?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment