Review: Maple Holistics Vitamin C Anti Aging C Facial Serum


I received the Maple Holistics Vitamin C Anti-Aging Serum* the same time I got the shampoo + conditioner set (review here), but kept putting off the review on the serum. Now that I've completely finished the whole bottle, I think it's about time I sit down and write out my thoughts! (Sorry for lagging!)

As a refresher, Maple Holistics is a USA based brand that is natural that aims to improve hygiene, health, and daily living. The Vitamin C Facial Serum claims to help improve the skin as well as protecting it. This product retails for $11.77 and contains 1.0 fluid ounces.



The packaging is an amber colored glass bottle with a very handy dropper that lets you adjust how much you need. I've tried some other serums (some in sachets and some in bottles) but I prefer droppers for this kind of thin product.


If my hand is still, the product does have some viscosity that makes it look thicker than it is. In reality, it is a step above water in terms of fluidity.

It spreads really well onto the face and you rub it in like how you would like with normal moisturizing products. It does feel tacky once it sets on the skin, but I usually put on another moisturizer, oil, or sun screen and so the texture doesn't bother me.

There is a slight smell to the product, but it just smells like something natural and not citrusy to my surprise. 

And to the results after using up the bottle! I do like it and will rebuy it eventually. I do want to try out some other vitamin C serums to see if they're better or worse though. I found that the serum did fade some of my acne scars (they do not claim this), but very slowly - which is nice. It's hard to really test out if it made my face look more youthful, but I did see some tightening of the skin.

They also claim that there is sun block properties in the ingredients, but I would not skip out on using a sunscreen since they don't say how strong the "properties" are.

When I was super oily during the summer, my routine would be -
Cleanser - basic foaming cleanser to clean my face
Essence - added a thin layer of moisture
Serum - another thin layer of moisture
Sunscreen - to protect my face from the sun

I loved how well this layered with the rest of my products without balling or crystalizing. I was worried about it reacting weirdly or not giving me enough moisture (since the essence was not enough by itself), but it worked wonderfully without breaking me out. 

Final thoughts: If you're a fan of layering thin products like me, I would definitely check out this serum. It would probably work best for this who have oily skin since it adds just enough to moisturize the skin by itself but it will still work with all skin types. I have combination skin (normal for most of my face and slightly oily t-zone) and I did not have any problems with this serum at all. If you're looking into a Vitamin C serum specifically for lightening acne marks / brightening the skin, you may need to look elsewhere. This product helped, but not as fast as some other products. 

Have you tried Maple Holistics? Do you have any vitamin C suggestions?

*I was sent this product from Maple Holistics to test out, but all opinions are my own. 
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment