Review & Swatches: Burberry Light Glow Natural Blush in No. 07 Earthy Blush


A few weeks ago, I bought the Burberry Mini Beauty Box that contained deluxe sample sizes of a few of their bestsellers. In this review, I'll only be reviewing the Light Glow Natural Blush in No. 7 Earthy because it was the product that I instantly fell in love with. Earthy is a matte medium light neutral brown powder product that a lot of people contour with. It can also be used as a blush depending on the skin tone. The full sized product retails for $42.00 and contains 0.24 ounces of product. 

The differences that I see from the full sized to what I have is that the blush has a blush brush while mine as a sponge tip applicator. The box also included a pretty decent brush that I use all the time for contouring now. 


I was initially so disappointed in the arm swatch since it looked so meh and too light to work on my face. I actually used 4-5 swipes to get the above swatch. The powder is very smooth and pigmented, but I believe since it looked so close to the color of my arm, it looked underwhelming. 

If I had swatched this in stores before buying it, I would've but it back immediately. Good thing for me, I was able to really test it out on my face and it magically worked so well.

Earthy looked slightly warm in the pan and also on my arm, but it looked perfectly slightly cool toned / shadowy on my face.


L - just foundation with no powder (Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation)
R - Earthy Blush in the contour area under my cheekbone

The above "after" picture was done in such a rush in the morning. I had good lighting and 5 minutes and so I quickly contoured and took as many pictures as I could before running out the door.

I thought when I actually looked at the pictures, I thought they would all be trashed since I was really applying it as quick as possible. I don't know about you, but I loved how my contour looked! It's not perfect, but it's pretty good to me!

Earthy just melted into my skin without any trace of powder. I wouldn't say that there's a "glow" that the product name claims, but it definitely isn't flat like some other powders. The powder blends easily into your skin and is really fine and so you won't get any patchy colors.


In the above picture, I did try a bit more to make my contour more concise. 

Earthy did last on my skin through my work day (~10 hours) and it did not look weird or faded. The contour / powder looked natural even at the end of the day. My t-zone would look oily with some smudges of setting powder mixed with foundation, but that contour though. Still looked beautiful!

I don't know if it's just mine, but there is a fresh and clean smell in the powder. It's not floral-y like Benefit blushes though. You can't smell it on your face, but I do notice it when the compact is too close to my nose.

Even though I have the deluxe sample size, the packaging is impeccable. It's made with a slightly heavy metal and the signature Burberry pattern is on the lid. It makes me feel very fancy just by holding it.

Final thoughts: If you're pale to about a MAC NC35 and slightly darker, you must try out this product! Earthy is an amazing color that will fit those who have fair to medium skin tones no matter what undertone you have. The powder is very fine and blends like a dream into the skin. It doesn't look powdery or cakey on your skin no matter how much you use either. If you were going to splurge on a luxury contour product, I would wholeheartedly choose Earthy again. Charlotte Tilbury's "Sculpt" shade in her Filmstar Bronze & Glow (original) palette doesn't even compare.

By the way, below are the products included in the Burberry Beauty Box! Let me know if you would like reviews on the other products. I'm leaning towards doing one for the lipstick soon since the formula is amazing, but all the full face pictures I have wearing this shade leans pretty pink for some reason.


Have you tried Burberry products? What is on your luxury wish list?

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment