Review & Swatches: Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Eye Shadow Palette in Desert Festival


Now that Halloween is coming closer, I was super interested in getting an orange eyeshadow. I didn't know how much I would like a straight up orange color and so I bought the Wet n Wild Fergie Eye Shadow Palette in Desert Festival to test it out. There are three matte shades, one shimmer, and one matte based with shimmer (if that makes sense). You can find this palette for around $4.99 and it contains 0.19 ounces / 5.5 grams of product.



Right when I swatched the colors on my arm, I was underwhelmed. I know there's a bias with drugstore shadows underperforming, but I've had other Wet n Wild palettes (Comfort Zone is amazing!) and these shadows weren't as pigmented and were more dry.

I swatched these colors using my fingers and did two layers. For most of my swatches, I use one layer if that helps.


I swatched clockwise starting from the beige color. The swatch on the right is the middle color in the palette. 

Top Left - Matte Beige
I don't know if it looks unpigmented because of the shadow itself or it's because it matches my skin tone pretty well. From the other shades, it might be both. The color works as a great transition shade in my crease, but not so much as a highlight. There's a slight tan undertone that dulls my brow bone area when used there.

Top Right - Matte Slightly Red Based Orange
I pretty much got this palette for this color. I saw a tutorial from Sam of Batalash from last year using NARS Persia and I fell in love with the color. After a year, I still love the look but I didn't know if NARS Persia was worth the price. Getting this palette seemed like a decent enough alternative, but the shadow is very dry. I used 2-3 layers for the look below and I did love the outcome. 

Bottom Right - Matte Dark Warm Brown Base With Red Shimmer
This shade is hard to describe because it's not really matte and it's not really a shimmer. You can kind of pick up on the shimmer, but only if you look closely. I was really disappointed in this shade because I thought it could've been an alternative to Lorac's eye shadow in Untamed from the Unzipped palette, but it doesn't even compare. It's drier than the other shades from this palette as well.

Bottom Left - Shimmery Golden Orange
This shade has the best texture out of this palette. It's definitely smoother and takes less work to apply and blend out. Besides the finish, it is brighter and more golden/yellow than the matte orange in this palette.

Center - Matte Dark Brown
This shade would work as a crease shade, but it doesn't apply as well on the eyes compared to swatched on the arm. It helped darker my outer V but it took a lot of layering to make it look a bit darker.

The above look used the matte orange in the inner and outer third and the dark matte brown in the outer corner.

I also used glittery shade from Memebox's Shine Easy Glam 3 Orange Bloom Palette (review here) to give some shine to the center of my lid.

Final thoughts: I feel like the swatches kind of speak for themselves for this palette. It was underwhelming due to previous great experiences from Wet n Wild and I don't know if I would recommend it to other people. The matte orange (what I wanted) performed okay enough that I didn't regret spending the $5 on this palette though. It's not a color I would use normally anyway and so if you're like me and just wanted a matte orange shade that's easily accessible, I would get this palette. If not, I would totally skip this palette and buy their Shimmer Glow Palette in Champagne Rose Glow Instead.

Do you own this palette? Do you have a favorite drugstore palette?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment