Review and Swatches: Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Sabbath


This review is on Urban Decay's 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Sabbath. On Urban Decay's website, they describe this color as a "deep, matte navy." This product is $19 for 1.7 mL / 0.058 fl oz. 

The applicator is a brush tip. It is very thin and so you can control how thin or thick the line is. You have to shake the eyeliner before applying. If you don't, it might come out as pigmented as it's supposed to be. That being said, the color is pigmented. It dries down to a completely matte finish. It wears all day, but it does flake a bit near the end of the day though. 


In the pictures above, I did not curl my lashes and you'll see why later in this review.

Right when I got this in the mail, I opened it up right away to use it. Unfortunately, there was something wrong with the one I got.  As you can see in the picture below, the stopper wasn't secure. When I open it, the stopper's placement varies from the middle to the top of the applicator's stick. I got this a few months ago and so every time I use it, I have to twist it a bit tighter and then open it. This wasn't really a big problem for me, though. 

** I do not know if this happened to other people, but because I kept on having to twist the cap, the top portion broke. There's now a crack and the product spills out. I had to throw it out. If you do decide to buy this and the stopper moves around for you, be careful about twisting it too tight. 




The thing is, I wanted to love this product. I love using liquid eyeliner. It's easier and faster to use in the morning compared to gel eyeliner. I've also been looking for a good navy eyeliner. I loved that it was matte. The applicator is skinny and so it was easy to make thin lines for my flick. I loved that the packaging was sleek and easy to carry around. But, sadly, there were problems to this product.

This product gets lifted off when I use my eyelash curler. This might not be a big deal for those who have naturally curly lashes, but mine are stick straight. I do not want to do my eyeliner and then redo it after I finish curling my lashes. The eyeliner would get on my lashes after I curl them and so when I put on mascara, there's this weird texture on my lashes. For $19, I do not want to reapply the eyeliner a few seconds later. 



In these two pictures, it doesn't seem like a lot has been lifted, but that's because the line I drew was thin. When I wear a thicker line, it's much worse.



Final Thoughts: I would not buy this again. It is more trouble than it's worth. I can't justify spending $20 on this. I could have dealt with the stopper moving around, but I do not like that the product gets lifted off my eyes. I now also have a fear of breaking my eyeliners.
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment