The Final Touches ft. Puffs of Powder


Considering how I have dry/dehydrated skin, I'm kind of surprised at how many powder products I have. Most of the time, I look for powders to set my under eye area or to add some luminosity to my skin without using highlighter. Lately, I do feel like companies have been putting out powder foundations that work wonderfully on dry skin though and that also prompted me to try out more powders. 



THE DRUGSTORE / AFFORDABLE CHOICES

I actually quite like drugstore / affordable powders I've found. I currently have three that often have out and ready to be used. One of my favorite powders to use mostly under my eyes and sometimes all over my face is the NYX HD Finishing Powder in Banana. The yellow tone to it helps brighten up any darkness under my eyes, but it also helps slightly adjust my foundation if it's not yellow enough. 

When I want a bit more coverage, I use the Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Powder in 30 Warm Nude. For some reason, it just leaves my skin looking so smooth but doesn't make me look flat. I still need to use concealer since it's on the sheer side though. My skin also agrees with the salicylic acid that's in the product.

Overall, I'm surprisingly really enjoying the Holika Holika x Gudetama Sweet Cotton Pore Cover Powder. I mostly bought it because I got super into Gudetama, but I can use it all over my face and it never makes me look dry or ashy. I haven't tried it with flash to see if there's a white cast, but for the price, I'm ready to repurchase this powder over and over again for how it works on my dry skin. 


THE MID / HIGH END CHOICES

Honestly, I don't have strong feelings about any of these besides the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation in Light-Medium Neutral. I actually bought this powder foundation a couple of years ago, but it was in the wrong shade and didn't try it again until now. Oh boy, it is just as good as I remember! I can get about medium coverage out of it just by itself and it doesn't look cakey or bad unless I super layer it on. 

I bought the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder when baking was all the rage and also bought the Besame Brightening Setting Face Powder in Vanilla when banana powders were all the rage. Both purchases were heavily influenced by YouTubers/Bloggers and while I do like them, I'm also really meh about them and like other things better. They just feel kind of thick on my skin no matter how much or little I use.

The newest powder to my collection is the Becca Soft Light Blurring Setting Powder and so far, so good? I also don't have strong feelings about it, but I am still testing it out. It does look a bit cakey if I do more than a light dusting and so I'm trying to find the sweet spot with this powder since I've heard that it's been working well for others. 

THE LUXURY CHOICES

Please excuse my grubby looking Guerlain Météorites Illuminating Powder Pearls in Medium. Even though I've been trying to take care of it since it is $$$$$$$$$$, but the top lid keeps looking dirty. I love this powder so much! I mean, I better since it was expensive but I do genuinely really like it. I tend to use it to dust off any baking I would do with the Holika Holika x Gudetama powder or to even set my face. This powder really isn't for longevity and instead blurs my imperfections a little bit and adds the perfect finish to my face. I've played with using a little to really packing it on and it looks great no matter what I do. There is some shimmer, but it is really fine.

On the other hand, I bought the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light and I can see the shimmer no matter how much I use. I do use this more to highlight than like a finishing or setting powder. I also bought this powder in hopes of it being a better luxury version of other yellow/banana powders I have, but let's just say I'm glad I just bought the travel version. 

& that's it for what I'm currently rotating around in terms of powders. I should really stop buying more though considering I'm set and happy with some of the powders I already have. 

What are your current favorite powder choices? Have you tried any of these powders before?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment