Review & Swatches: Life's Entropy Eyeshadows / Pigments in Dream Coil, Exorcism, and Refraction


In this post, I will be talking about three of Life's Entropy's eyeshadows in Dream Coil, Exorcism, and Refraction. Refraction is the shadow that I got for the free sample. All three of the shadows are in little baggies because they are the sample sizes. 

A day late, but I wanted to write this all up after I finished some life stuff. Let's start on the review!

The arm swatches are swatched in the same base order - nothing, Urban Decay Primer Potion, NYX Eyeshadow Base in White, and LASPlash Cosmetics Splashproof Sealer. 



Dream Coil is described as "a light blue with violet shift and sparkles." The picture of the baggie and contents makes it look more grey, but the description does describe the color perfectly. The violet sparkles are more obvious with LASplash's base and the color is more matte with Urban Decay's and NYX's base, which is consistent with Just Kitten's texture. I don't wear these kind of colors that often, but it's really nice to use as an inner corner highlight or to make the lower lash line stand out.  



Exorcism is the shadow out of the three reviewed in this post that I've tested out the most. It is described as a "medium purple with a green shift." It was hard to make the green pop out more consistently. I really like it though because it's different than other duochromes I've seen. The ones I have are a reddy brown with a green/blue shift. 


Like Just Kitten, I like mixing in a tiny bit of primer (less than you think) with the shadow and it shows off the green shift a lot more. 


I've also patted the shadow on top of primer and used a cotton bud with a bit of oil-free makeup remover to make it into a thick winged out liner. This is probably my favorite way to wear color.



And finally, Refraction! It is described as a "a medium toned grape purple with lighter violet shift and sparkles." If you don't like the green shift in Exorcism but like the base color, you'll love this one! Since the shift and base color is similar, it's easier for me to apply and blend without looking patchy. I can apply this product on without a primer and I quite like it like that. 

For all of the colors, UD and NYX's bases made them more matte. LASplash made the sparkles and shimmer stand out more, but it's harder to blend.

& here are some extra pictures!


Exorcism is on the inner half of the lid. Applied without any base to create a "base color" all over the lids. Then I used LASplash Cosmetics Splashproof Sealer and patted Exorcism to try to make the green shift appear more. Refraction is on the outer half. As you can see, the color is a bit blotchy in the middle where I tried to blend the colors together. I did not use Urban Decay Primer Potion underneath, but that tends to make the colors matte and I didn't want that for this look. 


In the picture above, it's Exorcism mixed with UDPP as a base and then I applied the shadow on again with a fluffy brush. The edges were a bit hard to blend, but it was okay when I opened my eyes. 

Final Thoughts: Even though I love the purple with green shift from Exorcism, I would say that Refraction is my favorite out of the three. It's the most wearable for me and the easiest to use. I prefer to use Exorcism mixed in with a bit of UDPP. The other ways I've used it is too fussy besides the winged liner way. Dream Coil is also very lovely and isn't as fussy. I've used this color the least out of the three and so I can't completely recommend it. I can say that for the times I have applied it, I have always been wow-ed at how pretty it is. As always, this is just my personal opinion. I'm not as accustomed to loose shadows and Indie products and so other people might have better luck with these. 


Another bonus picture! This is how my hand looks like when I mix UDPP with shadow. This particular color is Exorcism. 

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment