Re(a)d My Lips with YSL Beauty


One of the things I really enjoy is personalized items. Since my name isn't a standard Western name and my english name isn't the standard spelling (Hanna vs Hannah), I'm always looking for things that I can put my name on. When I found out that YSL does free engravings for their lipsticks, I immediately bought some lip products! It was definitely a splurge since YSL lip products are pricey in general, but I'm trying to tell myself that it's my early birthday gift to myself. 

Red lip products are pretty much my nude / every day color and so I chose some red shades from formulas I've tried and enjoyed before from YSL Beauty. 

I purchased the products below directly from the YSL Beauty website -
Volupté Tint-In-Oil in 15 Red My Lips
Tatouage Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stain in 09 Grenat No Rules
Volupté Tint-In-Balm in Touch Me Red




If you're interested in the free engravings, I would say that it looks way better on gold packaging than the silver. I'm kind of obsessed with how "HAO" (ha!) looks on the Tatouage Couture packaging compared to the Volupté Tint-In-Oil and Volupté Tint-In-Balm. If you're not looking closely, the engraving on the silver packaging might look like scratches. 

& now my mini review of the actual products. 


L to R -
Red My Lips
Grenat No Rules
Touch Me Red

I was obsessed with lip oils about 2-3 years ago and the YSL formula was one of my favorites. It felt thin but it was still glossy and so moisturizing. The stain it left was also really pretty. Red My Lips has more shimmer than I thought it would have, but the effect and color is still gorgeous. I do tend to blot it a bit though since glossy lips is still not something I'm not used to. This lip oil is more on the thin side and so I do find myself reapplying it a lot through the day. I honestly don't mind though since I would rather reapply than have a really sticky formula that might get everywhere. When the shine does fade, a beautiful and even stain is leftover. The stain is more on the "I just ate a red popsicle" side and so it's not as bold as the next product.

I got a mini of the Tatouage Couture in Rouge Tatouage from Sephora and I immediately loved the formula. It's a non-drying stain and it starts off being a semi matte fully opaque lip color. The applicator is a unique slanted paddle shape with a doe foot like material just on the end of the paddle. Since the formula is so pigmented, the shape of the applicator really helps create crisp lines. Grenat No Rules isn't as "rust"-y as I thought it would be and instead is a slight orangey dark red. I'm still a fan of the shade, but I was almost expecting something like Too Faced's Gingerbread Man. Once it dries, it stays the same color and opacity compared to the intial application. It does feel a bit drying, but that's what I experience from most lip stains. 

The Volupté Tint-In-Balm formula is new to me, but I love it! I was worried that it was going to be really thin like the Volupté Sheer Candy formula that I wasn't that big of a fan of. There's a bit more moisture and cushion to this formula and so it feels better on my lips. If Red My Lips or Grenat No Rules fades to just the stain and I don't want to reapply it, I tend to just use Touch Me Red instead. Of course, I also use it alone as a tinted lip balm. 

If you're a person with self control, you probably don't need all three. If I had to choose, I would 100% go for the Volupté Tint-In-Balm in Touch Me Red. My lips are pretty sensitive and so I'm so picky with my tinted lip balms and lip balms in general. You probably don't need to spend $34 on a balm, but after having developing a lip allergy / sensitivity, I'm all for dropping bills on comfortable and effective lip balms. The Tatouage Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stains are pretty amazing though if you were looking for a new lip stain. 

Have you tried any of these products? What's your favorite luxury lip product? What's your favorite lip product in general?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment