A Change in Pace // The Brown Lip


The Brown Lip. 

A few years ago, I would've called anyone crazy if they told me that I would be obsessed with the finding the perfect brown lip. It might have been the 90s kid in me, but I really gravitate to those shades now along with my other favorite - reds. While I'm 90% sure I do have more browns in my collection, these were the ones that were scattered all over my desk for easy access and all ones that I've been wearing all the time when I want some on the nude side.

I'm always really wordy in these kind of posts and so I'll try to be as sweet and short as possible!



For a more glossy or natural look, the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in Rosewood Shimmer and Glossier Generation G in Leo are perfect. They're so wearable and easy to slap on that they're usual in my hand bag just to add some color to my face when I'm on the go. I haven't really been wearing Leo that often though since it's starting to smell like clay and it bothers me. Both shades are great starter shades for people who want to dip their toes into brown lipsticks. 

For a glossier and non-natural look, the NARS Velvet Lip Glide in Area. It's so pigmented and dark and so I like to dab it onto my lips to sheer it out to make it more everyday friendly. I love to layer this on top of the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencil in 1993 as well to make it last longer. As it dries, it also turns a bit more velvety if you're not into super glossy lips.

When I'm feeling matte, the go-tos are MAC Lipstick in Whirl, Etude House Chiffon Lipstick in BE109, Pony Effect Stay Fit Matte Lip Color in On Fleek, and Urban Decay Lipstick in 1993. All of these are brown based, but have a slight lean to different kind of tones. Whirl and 1993 more rosey, BE109 is more peach and On Fleek is more orange. I am very strongly attached to 1993 since it's my birth year, but it's also an absolutely lovely and beautiful brown shade that really does remind me of the 90s. 


L to R
Clarins Rosewood Shimmer
Glossier Leo
NARS Area
MAC Whirl
Etude House BE109
Pony Effect On Fleek
Urban Decay 1993
Bite Beauty Cremini and Portobello

And now for the very obvious brown shades - Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipsticks in Cremini and Portobello. They're both from the Edgy Neutrals collection and I think their aim was to create a brown neutral lipstick for everyone. I feel like these shades straight on my lips look slightly weird, but I love mixing them into other shades to make them more brown. 

What brown lip product have you been loving lately? Do you have any recommendations for me to add to my collection?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment