The Magically Perfect Pinks


Last year when I got my first full time job, I treated myself to the Dior Addict Lip Glow in Pink and even though it's ridiculously expensive and totally unnecessary, it's been one of my favorites. It started a whole love affair with the "magically perfect" pink products that change colors based on body temperature/chemistry/pH or whatever they claim. 



L to R - 
Dior Addict Lip Glow in Pink
Lipstick Queen Frog Prince Lipstick
Secret Key Sweet Glam Tint Glow in Baby Pink
MAC Cosmetics Tendertalk Lip Balm in Pretty Me Up

I tried to find comparable dupes for the Dior Addict Lip Glow, but it's become one of my favorite lip products and is a firm hand bag essential. It makes my lips turn into the perfect subtle pink and it's an amazing lip balm. I was hoping that the Secret Key Sweet Glam Tint Glow in Baby Pink would be a good dupe considering the packaging was nearly identical, but the texture is way more thin and leaves a bright pink line on the edges of my lips. 

The Lipstick Queen Frog Prince Lipstick (review here) isn't as moisturizing as the Dior Addict Lip Glow, but it's also a hand bag essential when I want a brighter pink. It creates a more pinky fuchsia and also leaves a light stain as a fades. It is also super fun looking though since the bullet is so green.

The MAC Tendertalk Lip Balm in Pretty Me Up is the newest self adjusting lip balm I have and it's more coral than the rest, but it also leans pretty pinky. I was going to get Candy Wrapped to compare it to the Lip Glow in Pink, but it looked too fluorescent pink even when swatched on my arm. So far, it feels slightly less moisturizing than the Lip Glow but it seems pretty comparable as a lip balm and colored lip effect. If this one works out, I might even get the red one as well. 


I've been going for more low key looks and these kind of lip products are perfect for that. In the mornings, my lips have a dull mauve color to them that makes me look kind of dead. The pinky color they give to my lips just brightens up my overall appearance. I'm also starting to do more overtime for work as well and so these are easy picks for when I'm rushing in the morning.

How do you feel about these "magic" lip products? Do you have any favorites?
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment