Palette Praise: Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette


The Naked 3! The third of the Naked palettes by Urban Decay contains 12 new rosy toned shades. There are glittery, matte, satin, and metallic eye shadows and they all have amazing pigmentation too. A sampler of 4 of the Primer Potions (Original, Sin, Eden, and Anti-Aging) and a double ended brush are also included with the palette. 

I got this palette for my birthday from my sister and before this, I only had Naked 1. Naked 2 looked too similar to the first one and so I skipped out on that one, but I was instantly drawn to the Naked 3. 


The colors go from light pink to more mauve and the last color is a black with red shimmer. These colors would look beautiful paired with blue eyes, but I have brown eyes and they still work so well. The more mauve colors bring out my eye colors

Strange is the first color and it's described as a pale neutral pink matte-satin, but I don't see any pink in it. Strange is one of my favorite shadows from this palette. It is a great brow highlight and unlike Naked 1, it's more subtle. 

The other two that I absolutely love are Limit and Nooner. They are both mauve toned and Nooner is like the darker version of Limit. Limit is more pinky than Nooner though. They're both matte and wonderful. They also help blend out and balance the other shadows since the others are so metallic and shimmery. I use the fluffier end of the brush to apply these colors. Don't get me wrong, I love metallic eyeshadows, but a good matte will always have a spot in my heart.

Speaking of, the metallics are wonderful in this palette. Liar, Factory, and Mugshot are great individual colors (and also mixed in with other things) to just sweep all over the lids. They give dimension to the eyes without working too hard. Toasted and Hustle from Naked 1 also have the same tones like Liar, Factory, and Mugshot. 

The ones I'm kind of "Ehhh" about are Buzz and Trick. They are beautiful, but there's so much glittery fall out that it just tend to avoid them in my looks. When I do want to use them, I kind of build up the product on the flat side of the double ended brush and spritz it with Mario Badescu's Facial Spray with Aloe, Herb and Rosewater. I use that instead of water because it seems to dry faster. Sprays like MAC Fix+ would also work though. I wanted Trick to be more rose-gold, but it looks more coppery on my lids. 

I'm also kind of "eh" about Dust. It is really pretty, but it doesn't stand out. I kind of just like to add this color on top of the mattes to give a pretty sheen. 

I am slightly disappointed with Blackheart. It looks beautiful in the pan, but it doesn't translate. The red shimmer doesn't show up as much on my eyes and just looks like a normal black on me. 



The top line was swatched with NYX's Eyeshadow Base in White. The rest of the swatches were not done with primer.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the palette. It is very different from Naked 1 and 2. It extends on neutral colors and it'll make a great addition to any collection. 

What do you think? Did you get the palette or skip out? Tell me in the comments!





Share

No comments:

Post a Comment